Thursday, May 1, 2014

MCT Designer Challenge ~ Happy Mother's Day!



Good Morning Friends, welcome to My Creative Time Designer Challenge!  Today our challenge is to create a project for Mother's Day using flowers.  

Have you notice all the watercolor stuff going on?  Well it's so hot right now, and it made think of a technique that I learned years ago that has a watercolor feel to it.


If you look closely you can see the stamped images are not crisp and even.  Since I haven't made a video in a while, maybe I'll try to one for you.


My card felt a bit flat to me, so I distressed the edges and added stickles to the center of the flowers.


My Creative Time
Vintage Label Dies ~ banner made longer

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Scrap papers
Stampin' Up Ink
Memento Ink
Stickles
Bakers Twine
Fine Glitter

Join the fun and the challenge!  I'll be back later today with a new post :)

8 comments:

jessica said...

This card is AWESOME!!! Such beautiful colors and would love to see a video on how you did this!!
Gorgeous job Liz!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful, love the water colour look...so pretty!!

Crafting Katie said...

So you are just leaving us in suspense? LOL! It's beautiful! Love the distressing and the text background!

quilt4fun2 said...

Beautiful job on your card. The watercolor look and distressing looks super. I think the fluffy twine bow is a great accent with the stems.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cindy Beland said...

GORGEOUS looking card Liz, LOVE the colors my friend!!!! :)

katieo said...

Liz your card is so pretty, I love the sparkle in the middle.

Crafty Moni said...

Your card is so pretty! Loved how you used the new release:)

Peace, Love, & Creative Hugs!
Monica L.

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

What a gorgeous and bright bouquet! I love the scripty background and touch of sparkle! :)

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!