Wednesday, May 7, 2014

MCT Whatever Wednesday ~ Merci!




Happy Whatever Wednesday!  That sounds a bit snarky, but I don't mean it that way :).  Whatever Wednesday is just a day over at My Creative Time that we on the design team can make whatever we want!

For today's project I made a gift card holder using the envelope die, I just didn't glue it shut.



On the back flap I punched two slots for the ribbon to fit through.  The ribbon holds the whole thing closed.  On the inside I add the pocket die to hold the card.  Before attaching it to the envelope, I heat embossed the wreath.


recipe
My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Ribbon
White emboss powder
Versa Mark ink
Tim Holts Distress Ink
Button
Hemp

Be sure to check out what the other girls on the DT created!

11 comments:

Cindy Beland said...

GREAT idea Liz, LOVE the envelope as a gift card holder!!! BEAUTIFUL job my friend :)

snappy scrappy said...

Great idea Liz, love the stamping on kraft too, soo pretty!!!

Crafting Katie said...

So clever! I love this idea!!!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so beautiful!!!

Joan Smith said...

What cool idea for a gift card love what you did with Miss Emma's goodies turned out so pretty and again I love the way you do the vintage look at least that's my take on it. You are just always coming up with the neatest ideas.

Joan Smith said...

What cool idea for a gift card love what you did with Miss Emma's goodies turned out so pretty and again I love the way you do the vintage look at least that's my take on it. You are just always coming up with the neatest ideas.

candio said...

Great idea ~ love the envelope technique!

LucyLu said...

Beautiful gift card!!! :)

mickeydee said...

I love the way you threaded the ribbon through different dies. The wreath looks so pretty on the front.
dianne

jessica said...

This is awesome Liz!! What a GREAT project!!!! Super idea too!

Kim H said...

Alright Miss Liz ~ this is BRILLIANT! OMG! I LOVE this idea and plan on stealing this!! I LOVE the white on Kraft and the striking blue ribbon! BEAUTIFUL job and so CLEVER to use these dies ~ LOVE it!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!