Wednesday, May 21, 2014

PKS Trendpotting Vintage / Shabby Chic ~ Enjoy!


Hi my peachy friends!  Today is my turn to take over the Peachy Keen Blog for this week's Trendspotting feature ~ Vintage/Shabby Chic.  This look has been around for a long time and it's still going strong.  To which I'm very happy for :)


I'm excited to show you my project, but first I want to share something.  Years ago I was really into tole painting, pen and ink with watercolor and all things wood crafts.  In fact I used to make and sell all my goods at craft fairs and holiday boutiques.  At some point I had put my paint brushes away and started paper crafting, and never thought the two would ever meet.  Oh I was so wrong!  :)  I, along with a lot of other crafty friends from the craft community (maybe you too) took a watercolor class this past week.  Oh my goodness, the flood gates of my memory have opened up!  lol! 

Here's what I did with one of my favorite sets, a few stamp pads, and some water.


I first stamped my image with Stampin' Up ink then used a brush with some water to pull and soften the ink eges.  

 I hope you enjoyed my favorite new, "old" technique.  

recipe
Peachy Keen Stamps

Extras
My Creative Time ~ banner die
watercolor paper
Stampin' Up ink
button
hemp
MME pattern paper
PTI cardstock
pearl

Have a "peachy" day!

14 comments:

Josie Cox said...

I love your card and amazing talent.

jessica said...

This is GORGEOUS Liz!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your take on the pic and your watercoloring looks AMAZING!

snappy scrappy said...

OMG...gorgeous...amazing water colour painting...wow!

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!!! The watercolor is beautiful! LOVE!!!
Sherrie K

Beckie Williams said...

OK I saw this on Peachy Keen's blog as was totally inspired. You are so amazing!! Thank you for sharing!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful!!

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Gorgeous card Liz!

Cindy Beland said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! :)

LucyLu said...

OMG this is GORGEOUS!!! :D

Migdalia said...

Truly Beautiful!!!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

quilt4fun2 said...

This technique is so pretty. I have the Craft Ink that takes longer to dry...I will have to check how it does with water. Beautiful job on your card. I can only imagine all of the wonderful projects you created back in the day.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Saundra said...

Liz, your card is absolutely beautiful!! Love the vintage look and how water color works with it! Gorgeous! ~hugs, Saundra

Kim H said...

Oh my word Liz ~ this is GORGEOSU! I LVOE the water coloring you did here! It's simply BEAUTIFUL! WOW! You always have such tasteful vision!

Lezlye said...

Great Card Liz! Were you in the onlinecardclasses watercolor class? I took it it was amazing, has rekindled my love for watercoloring too!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!