Thursday, May 22, 2014

MCT Thrity Thursday ~ Happy Birthday!


Happy Thursday!  Today is Thrift Thursday over at My Creative Time!  This is a great feature since it encourages the use of scraps and/or recycled items.  I love that!  As you can see below I went with scraps to create my card.


I used the Birthday Buddies Stamp Set...which I adore and don't use often enough.  I colored with Copic markers and Wink of Stella for added shimmer on the hat and leaves.


The fabbie thing about MCT stamps is that you can take a straight sentiment and curve it on your acrylic block, like I did for the bend in the circle.   


Recipe
My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink cardstock
Copic Markers
Wink of Stella
Glossy Accents
Hemp
Button
Memento Ink
Pearls

See you back here tomorrow with a Father's Day card!

13 comments:

Marilyn said...

Love this card!!

jessica said...

ADORABLE!!!!!
Awesome card Liz!

snappy scrappy said...

Too darn cute!!!

Crafting Katie said...

Adorable card, Liz! I love how you used the circle to center your owl and sentiment - just perfect!

Cindy Beland said...

GORGEOUS job with your card Liz, LOVE the colors!!! Have a GREAT day my friend!!! :)

Joan Smith said...

Your card is so sweet I too love this little owl so cute!!

LucyLu said...

Love it!!!! :)

mickeydee said...

Such a sweet card. I love how you curved the sentiment.
mickey pal two at msn dot com

katieo said...

I love the way you curved the sentiment. I'll have to try that .

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute card Liz! The owl is adorable and love how you stamped the sentiment inside the circle edge!
Have a great wknd!
Sherrie K

quilt4fun2 said...

Your little owl is so cute. I have not remembered to use this little guy for Birthdays either. Great coloring job and the design of your card is so pretty.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so adorable!! I love that little owl!!

Kim H said...

Liz ~ ADORABLE!! I just used this owl too! not posted yet but dang yours is so CUTE!!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!