Friday, May 23, 2014

Happy Retirement!


Hello crafty friends, happy Friday!  I'm so excited since I have a four day weekend!  Next week we are going to a retirement party for a friend so I needed to make a card.  I've been playing some of the water color techniques from a recent class and came up with this.

The background is made with ink and an acrylic block...there's no wrong way to do it either!  I love that it's a great technique that can be used with any type of stamps, and masculine or femine cards.


After the water color background dried, I stamped the fish image from Peachy Keen and the sentiment from My Creative Time.  Let it sit for a while then splatter a bit of watered down ink.  The splattering gives the card some added depth.


recipe

My Creative Time

Peachy Keen Stamps

Extras
Papertrey Ink cardstock
Bristol paper
scrap cardstock
Stampin Up Ink
Memento Ink
Hemp

I hope you have an AWESOME weekend and start of summer!

8 comments:

Crafting Katie said...

Super cute and masculine! Enjoy your four day weekend!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute...love the water colour blocks!!!

jessica said...

LOVE it!!!

Carol said...

I love the simplicity of this card. Haven't signed up for the watercolor class...yet, but it's at the top of my list! Nice touch with the twine and the color blocks with a blank stamped image. I'm going to try something like this for Father's Day!
XOXOX & Blessings,
Carol

Beckie Williams said...

Really super cute!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Great technique and super job spattering...I always have troubles with that. Wonderful masculine card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so cool!!

Kim H said...

PERFECT masculine card! LOVE the fish and I really need him! Then the water coloring again ~ LOVE you ladies with this technique!!!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!