Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Queen's Royal Court featuring Cosmo Cricket!

Yes this is my second post of the day, so make sure you scroll down to see what else is going on today!

Welcome to The Queen's Royal Court featuring Cosmo Cricket!  I did a super simple layout for you, but before I show you it, I have to tell you the story...

We went to Fort Bragg for the day with a bunch of friends...my nephew decided that he need to go way out on the rocks.  Well before we knew it the tide seemed to be coming in, and fast, or it just felt that way.  All I could think was, what was I going to tell his mother, when he didn't come home with us...you know the kid was 18, but in my mind he was still 5!  I have to admit, I was over reacting, because I almost lost my life in the ocean about 8 years earlier.  So the picture is of him jumping to the next rock, while the wave was going out.  You can really tell, but he was really far out, I was using my long lens to take the pic!  It's amazing that he made it to the other rock, then fell in jumping a shorter distance!  All I have to say, is that I was never so glad that he had super long legs and he made it back to land!



Recipe:

Cosmo Cricket ~ Salt Air

Now for blog candy, which does have some rules...Cosmo Cricket Grand Prize... this is a wonderful collection of Cosmos Cricket papers and embellishments valued at over $50 dollars

1} First you must LIKE the Cosmo Cricket FB page and tell

them "The Queen's Royal Court sent me"

2} Make sure you go to the Cosmo Cricket Blog and become a follower

3} Become a Royal Follower of The Queen

4} Leave a comment on everyone of The Queen's Royal Court Blogs

Theresa

Cristi

Jenny

Jin

Kassidy

Liz

Raven

Rosy

Ruth

Theresa

Enjoy!

12 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I would have been scared for him too... Super cute layout... hugs

Glora said...

Crazy. Yes, I would have been a mess worrying about him. Great layout. Simple can be nice as it helps focus on the photo. Hugs- Glora

Tamara said...

Very cute layout! Don't worry, I'd be freaking out too! :)
sweetheartcopper at msn dot com
sospoileditscute.blogspot.com

thekolbes said...

I am like that too, the kids get mad at me but hey what can we do? I love the pic and the layout. Thanks so much for sharing
Trish
krazykcrafters at msn dot com

Unknown said...

This is a really neat layout! I know what you mean though about worrying about kids even when they are grown. ;)

sweetpeascards@yahoo.com

Rachel said...

That is an amazing photo, I would have had a heart attack too if I saw somebody doing that! Love the gorgeous simplicity of the page :)

-rwk
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

kathlee said...

Love it....that pic is fantastic. Hey...kids never grow up....they are always "kids" to their loved ones!
Great LO and beautiful papers!
TFS!
Kathie
Kathlee154atgmaildotcom
http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

Becky Moore said...

I would have been totally paniced!You did capture an awesome photo!

smilesmoore2 atverizon dotnet

Esther said...

Great photo! Isn't it funny how you still think of them as kids even if they are going to be 27 like my oldest daughter!

http://forthejoyofcreating.blogspot.com/

BlueCrayons said...

thanks god for long legs and lens. love the pic and layout.

jenni said...

Thank goodness they got the blog problem fixed! I love the clean llok of this LO. I know how you feel about your nephew, sometimes they give me a heart attack!
jpshirley@ymail.com

Janet said...

Awesome Picture. Great LO I love this paper "Salt Air" is a fav. IOt's a wonder we grownups survive our childrens challenges. TFS
http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!