Friday, October 19, 2012

Everyday Cricut Day 5 ~ Christmas Shadow Box!

 
Happy Friday!  Well, today is my last day as Guest Designer at Everyday Cricut!  Even though I knew it would have to end, it's still hard to say goodbye  :)  It's been an honor to have been asked to do this, and I want to thank Joy and Melanie for all the fun I've had this week! 
Before I start to really ramble, let's get to my last project!  A few years back I made a Halloween Shadow Box.  It has been one of my most popular projects on my blog and Pinterest.  So I thought that I would create a Christmas Shadow Box similar to my original one!
 

I used different colored vinyl to cut the Santa, moon and "Merry Christmas"!

 
I used the negative part (the part you would normally throw away) of the vinyl to create the moon with glass etching!  Then placed the cut Santa on the outside of the glass.  And again the "Merry Christmas"!  It is really easy to do!
 

It's hard to see, but I stamp a "scroll stamp" with a darker shade of blue/gray, then on some of the scrolls I traced with Zig glue and added glitter! Yes more glitter! lol!
 
 
Once the house was in place then I added the peppermint candy to the inside of the frame!  Easy Peasy!
Recipe:
 Holiday Cake Cricut Cartridge
moon cut at 2.06 x 1.98
Christmas Cricut Cartridge
house cut at 8.33 x 6.88 layers to match
lamp post cut at .44 x 1.83 layers to match
Teresa Collins December 25th Cricut Cartridge
Merry Christmas cut at 6.72 x 3.47
Santa cut at 3.90 x 1.71
EAD Designs ~ Cream and Black vinyl
paper: American Craft
12x12 scrapbook frame (hobby lobby)
scroll stamp, glitter, ink, peppermints, glass etching
 
Now for my giveaway!  All you have to is leave a comment here and on Everyday Cricut with your contact info!  I will pick one winner for Limited Edition Metallic Hemp on Saturday, October 20 and announce it on my blog!

 
I will be back for a second post today!  A Halloween Blog Hop with My Creative Time!
 
Enjoy!
 

32 comments:

Joan Smith said...

WOW Liz what a great Christmas deco. You are so talented and sure do come up with some unique ideas
and it was great that you accepted the challenge of guest designer on Everyday Cricut so thanks for doing this.

the life and times said...

I love the shadow box idea. I never thought of that. Thank you

Ann said...

What a cute idea! I like this alot. Thanks for all your wonderful posts this week ~ I enjoyed it.
Mstgane
Ann

Saundra said...

I love this, Liz! Your projects have been wonderful this week!~Hugs, Saundra LuvScrappingTogether at gmail dot com

Marilyn said...

That is a cute idea. Thanks for sharing

mimicaro9650 at yahoo dot com

Kim H said...

Liz ~ OMG!! This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE this idea to pieces! The cuts are PERFECT, the negative part for the moon is CLEVER and oh the peppermint candy ~ LOVE!! I LOVE the fact you LOVE glitter! BEAUTIFUL job today and ALL week! You just ROCKED this we beyond words! BRAVO!!!

Brenda said...

This is so cool Liz! I love this frame as much as I loved the Halloween one. I would have never thought to use candy in a frame, and I love it so much! Thanks for a wonderful week of inspiration!
bsl60 at embarqmail dot com

snappy scrappy said...

Fabulous! Lee-Ann :)

Crafting Katie said...

Liz, I love your shadow box! This is just as cute as your Halloween one! You have done such an amazing job on Everyday Cricut this week! They were so lucky to have you!!!

linda said...

HI Wow what a great idea.
LindaB
top2kop@hotmail.com

Patty said...

Great project...love how you did the moon!

CathyinMN said...

Such fun Christmas decor! Adding the peppermint candy was a great idea!
tcsobotka at charter dot net

jessica said...

This is so fun Liz!! What a GREAT holiday project!!
TFS and Happy Friday!

TheTulipCollector said...

I love this! Great detail and cuteness. I have enjoyed all your projects this week.

Cheryl W. said...

This is such a fun and festive idea! I'd like to make something similar for each of my adult children to display in their homes.

Marcia said...

You have given me such inspiration! I loved following your designs this week.

mb6464@hotmail.com
marciasmemories.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing the "recipe"!

guyla_april at yahoo dot com

T said...

Love this the best of all your projects this week...Thanks for including the "recipe" too!

tlgerrior@yahoo.com

moknowsall said...

I remember your Halloween post and saved it. This one is wonderful too. Enjoyed seeing your work this week.

littlen said...

great project. very pretty. tfs.
littlen44 at gmail dot com

Debbie said...

love this shadow box it was so cute and clever to use the candy
upnurse at aol dot com

Glora said...

I LOVE love LOVE when you make these. This Christmas one is BEAUTIFUL I have got to try this. Beautiful job. You really did an amazing job this week and ALWAYS. Hugs - Glora

Sue D said...

What a wonderful shadow box and so fun with the peppermint candy.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Bunnyfreak said...

What a great idea to use the candy

JoAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JoAnn said...

I loved your home decor project and love the way you made the moon. Thanks for all the inspiration you have shared this week.
bamagurl1999@gmail.com

Liz O. said...

Fabulous idea Liz! TFS
Have a lovely weekend!
Liz
Unikebyyes{at}yahoo{dot}com

Jennifer said...

Liz,

You are so creative!!! :) I love your shadow box (& will have to check out the Halloween one you made, too)!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

柯云 said...

2016-06-21keyun
nfl jerseys
kate spade outlet
true religion outlet online
cheap oakley sunglasses
adidas nmd
cheap air jordans
cheap jordans
burberry sale
jordans for sale
coach outlet
christian louboutin outlet
ray ban sunglasses
cheap rolex watches
ralph lauren
jordan concords
coach outlet
nike air max 90
michael kors outlet online
adidas superstar shoes
toms wedges
hollister jeans
oakley sunglasses wholesale
mont blanc pen
kate spade outlet
tory burch shoes
tory burch flats
toms shoes outlet
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton handbags
nike sb dunks
oakley outlet
louis vuitton handbags
replica rolex watches
louis vuitton purses
longchamp le pliage
christian louboutin outlet
asics shoes for women
ray ban sunglasses outlet

raybanoutlet001 said...

zzzzz2018.5.16
salomon
coach outlet
oklahoma city thunder jerseys
baltimore ravens jerseys
jordan shoes
ecco outlet
oakley sunglasses wholesale
salomom shoes
manolo blahnik
kate spade outlet

5200 said...

0824jejeLa semelle basket enfants nike prsto noir garon affiche des tensions modernes et lisses avec une disposition de couleur noire / rouge chaussures tn nike femme / argentée froide, même si la finition noir doux très facile sur la asics gel lyte 3 femme citadium couronne en forme de poire fournit une adresse de vérification air jordan 1 retro homme conventionnelle. Rondo et Westbrook PE, Kay Yow Suppose Rose, Complet debardeur asics france Orange, Sport Cramoisi, Bleu Trésors, Marine de Minuit, Béni Inexpérimenté, Del basket adidas femme zx 700 Sol, Club Purple, Blanc Chanceux Écologique, Blanc Treasure Bleu, Blanc adidas zx 750 gris Activité Violet, Blanc Intéressant Gris et Blackout. L'espoir, c'est que lorsque nike air jordan 7 homme le reste du marché va dans une seule direction, si Nike air jordan 10 retro Shox Deliver seul va dans un autre, il les différenciera de la asics blanche solde meute.

5689 said...

zzzzz2018.9.8
pandora charms
ugg boots
true religion jeans outlet
kate spade outlet
ugg outlet boots
golden goose
canada goose outlet
hugo boss
christian louboutin
clarks shoes

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!