Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Queen's Royal Court Featuring Cri-kits Gel Pens!

Welcome to the Queen's Royal Court Hop featuring Cri-kits Gel Pens!  I'm so excited to show these pens,  I was so surprised just how easy these were to use too!  This is a very long post so I'm going to get right to it.  I also want you to know that this was the first time that I used Copics (I did this project prior to doing yesterdays post)!



The Cri-Kits gel pens are precision made for use in the Cricut and most other die cutting machines. When inserted in place of the blade cartridge, these pens can transfer any image to your paper. With 40 color choices, there is a color to match your latest project.

change cutting blade for pen holder

on my gypsy I created a Santa inside a blackout frame (Christmas gypsy download)

stampin up paper (I wanted a stamp quality paper)

push cut as normal, but it will draw out the image instead


I wanted the frame drawn too, so when I cut out the frame layer with colored paper, it would layer properly
(do not unload mat)

delete santas, or if you want to keep this file, then create another layer in the gypsy in the exact place


I deleted the santa's.  still don't unload mat. carefully change the pen holder and return cutter. if you don't delete the santa it will cut over it.

cut just the frame.  then cut a frame layer in gold.  I used copics to color and Martha Stewart tinsle for the hat.

recipe:
Christmas gypsy download
santa
frame
paper: DCWV, Stampin Up
crinkle ribbon, bells

Cri-Kits has generously donated two prizes!
Queen's Grand Prize:

The winner will receive, all 42 gel-pens and a magnetic holder.

Royal Court DT Prize:

The winner will receive, 12 gel-pens of your choice, the swirl pens, and a magnetic holder.

All you have to do, to be entered to win is:

1. Become a fan of CRI-Kits on Facebook.

{Post: Liz's Paper Loft sent you!  (worth ONE entry)

2. Post a link to this blog post from facebook or your blog. (worth ONE entry)

3. Visit the CRI-Kits website and comment on what product you like to have.
(worth ONE entry)

4. Pre-Order the MAR-Kits products from our Cri~Kits Site and receive
{TWO entries} for the prize or grand prize.

5. Visit each of the blogs in the hop this week and leave a comment. (worth ONE entry per blog)

Monday: The Queen

Tuesday: Ruthie

Wednesday: Cristi

Thursday: Liz ( that's me)

Friday: Jenny

Saturday: Raven

Sunday: Kassidy

The Cri-Kit people have also given us a discount code! If you would like to purchase anything from their site, use the code THE QUEEN and you will get a 5% discount, on any purchase of $30 or more.

Enjoy!

16 comments:

jessica said...

Very creative and excellent use of the cri-kits! I love how your image looks like a stamp! Your card is just beautiful!! And your coloring is excellent!
Thanks for sharing and showcasing the cri-kits!
Jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Amanda said...

Very pretty!! I love this! Your coloring is great! TFS!

amandawoodau at hotmail dot com

Kim said...

Love how your Santa turned out! Thanks for the tutorial!
~Kim
http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com
kfordyce6638 at gmail dot com

Crafting Katie said...

Wow! This is awesome, Liz! Your Santa turned out so cute with his tinsel hat!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Liz, this is just beautiful.. I WANT to try this out.. darn you didn't put the sizes.. or where you got Santa and the frame... :-( hugs from Ukiah
Just BEAUTIFUL.. I would even put Project 365 aside to try this if I had the measurements... (I am a directions kind of girl).. lol

sweetlilscrapper said...

wow this turned out so elegant!

sweetlilscrapper.blogspot.com
sweetlilscrapper at hotmail dot ca

Marlene said...

Wow - that's amazing! I had no idea the Cricut could even DO THAT!

Sarah said...

breathtaking! I just love your santa!
AMAZING!!!!
Sarah
craftingwithsarah.blogspot.com
craftingwithsarah@gmail.com

littlen said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for the instructions. I've become a follower.

littlen said...

I went to FB and posted that you sent me.

littlen said...

I posted a link from my blog to your blog.

littlen said...

I visited the Cri- Kits site. I didn't see anything on their blog about your beautiful card, but I left comments about the other projects they were showing for this blog hop.

Cynthia said...

What a great project idea to use these pens with! The Santa turned out great! TFS!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love how santa looks with the pen.

Nadia's World said...

Wow....that is sooo cool! Love how your santa turned out. Nice card!

TFS!!

Nicole T.
niclax13@gmail.com

Unknown said...

canada goose jackets
christian louboutin paris
coach outlet
ray ban wayfarer
ray ban sunglasses wholesale
fitflops sale
fitflops sale clearance
adidas nmd
ugg outlet
golden state warriors jerseys
20171.04wengdongdong

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!