Friday, February 14, 2014

It's A Wedding!


Happy Friday!  This week has gone by so fast for me...how about you?  

First of all I'd like to start by saying, thank you in advance for indulging my with these pictures of my daughter's wedding!  


For the invitation I wanted to have something hold all the pieces together (RSVP card, return envelope, etc...) yet wasn't sure what.  The ceremony and reception was being held in a building that was very rustic and over 155 years old, she wanted something vintage yet simple.  So I added the Stitched Heart Layering Dies and shiny key from Chunky Jar Accessories dies and tied everything together with purple hemp.  Oh, I need to thank my friend Kim for sending me the wonderful shiny chrome paper!  She didn't know I was going to use it for this, but it worked fabbie with it!

 Later I found out that some people that received the invitations didn't realize that there were response cards because they didn't want to take it apart.  Something to think about for DD#2's wedding  :)


My husband made several easels, however he wasn't happy with the top so we added small pinwheels to cover up what he didn't like.  My daughter liked the big pinwheels that we did at her shower that she wanted them for the backdrop of their ceremony.  I think we made over 60 of them for it.  Yikes!  Again we used the Stitched Doily Die, Scallop and Stitched Circle dies to hold them together.  No two were alike!  Just like her bridesmaid's dresses she didn't want anything too matchy matchy.  


My father in law married them, so that made it really special!  I always find it a bit awkward when the officiant doesn't know much about the couple.  


This is the outside of the building, as much as we need rain in California, I was so thankful for the sunny day in January, however it was still chilly.


I'm not sure what happened but I never got a picture of all the place cards we made.  This is the one I made for my daughter, that's why it only has an "a".  In the picture below, you can see the back of another one.  We used the Stitched Lollipop Holder die, small Scallop Stitched Rosette Die, Vintage Stitched Label die for the banner, and on bride and groom's used their initial from Lowercase Fun Letters dies.


The kids didn't get place cards because they received an "activity book" with a small box of crayons, made using the Treat Slider Box die, Rolled Flowers Die, Chunky Jar Accessories dies for the tag, and stamped with "a little something just for you" sentiment from Teeny Tag Holidays stamp set.  



I'm not sure if you noticed that all the fonts on the signs at the shower and the wedding were the same from the invitation.  When doing an event that you don't want matchy matchy, you do need to keep some continuity.  One way is with color, theme and fonts, like the table numbers which were cut using Stitched XL Label die and XL Label Die.  One was on each side of the handle so the number could be seen from any direction.




You can sort of see in this picture another place card (purple), we had use different colors so the caterer would know what meal each guest was receiving.  With four different plated meals it added more color to the tables!

  
I just had to share pictures from the photo booth of my husband and my younger daughter. :)


And this last photo is of pooped out, parents of the bride!  lol!  We LOVED every minute of it!

Hope you can glean some ideas for an event you're having!  Remember these ideas can be used for any gathering!  Stamps and dies from My Creative Time can add the perfect touch of handmade without looking too DIY! lol!

21 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

What a beautiful wedding...you out-did yourself...wow!!!!

Nicole Wright Designs said...

OMG Liz these are stunning. I love all the stuff you made. Your daughter is stunning. I love love love the easels your husband made, pick a seat not a side is awesome. The lanterns on the tables are adorable. You are so very talented! I so appreciate your sweet comment you left on my blog. You really are suck a lovely person!

Crafting Katie said...

Okay, I'm all teary. Such a beautiful wedding, Liz! How special for Josh and Amanda to have your wonderful touch everywhere. You are so amazing with the details. Really, I've never seen anything like it!!!

jessica said...

WOW WOW WOW Liz!!! I am AMAZED at all this beauty!!! From the gorgeous wedding pics of your daughter and her new husband to all the FABULOUS decoration!! This is AWESOME!!!
What a special time! Thanks so much for sharing it all!!!!

Glora said...

I cannot even imagine how much time went into doing all of this but it was well worth it! WOW, everything was fantastic. You are such a great mom and I'm sure she appreciates all that you did to make her day so special! Hugs- Glora

Shelly said...

Oh Liz.... Thank you for sharing with us! What a gorgeous wedding! It looks so glamorous yet super fun!! Your daughter looks stunning :)
You are amazing my friend!!!
Shelly

~amy~ said...

LIZ!
gorgeous work! wow!
I love all your photography too!

My Creative Time said...

WOW! This TRULY was STUNNING!!! CAN you please plan my wedding ALL OVER AGAIN??? hehehe~! :) You did a BEAUTIFUL job w/EVERYTHING! You did your daughter PROUD!
Love Ya!
Big HUGS!!!!

CA Scrapper said...

AMAZING!!!! Beautiful job Liz. Everything looked gorgeous. That was a lot of work.

An'Jenic G. said...

Aww Liz the pictures is awesome and the wedding looks beautiful. I know you all have been planning and to see this day come is truly amazing. I love the wedding colors. And your daughter is such a beautiful bride. HUGS!!

Lezlye said...

Wow Liz Awesome!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a beautiful bride and wedding!! Everything looks fabulous Liz!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Super job! Everything looks so amazing. Thank You for sharing your great pictures.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

LDM Creations said...

Wow.. that was amazing! I plan parties as my part time job and know how much work they are... but this must have taken you a long time! It came super beautiful!

Northern Girl Crafts said...

Wow! I have a wedding to plan as well and can't wait to start making things for it. I'm using Emma's product as well. You did an amazing job Liz.

buglvr2010 said...

Wow! Liz you did an amazing job! Congrats to your daughter!

DebC said...

Wow wow wow the wedding looked beautiful and everything you made was beautiful. Please tell me where the fonts came from you used i love them. I too will be doing a wedding before too long and i would love to plan ahead! Thanks for sharing!
Deb C

Nancy said...

Beautiful pictures, Liz. Everything is lovely and your decorations are perfect. Congratulations to all. Hugs. Nancy

LucyLu said...

BEAUTIFUL wedding...everything looked wonderful! You did an amazing job!!!

Kim H said...

Liz ~ I am so far behind on your blog and boy am I grateful I started with this post!! WOW ~ I am in AWE and I am trying to pick my jaw off the floor! Seriously BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS, PRECIOUS, MEMORIES and so many other words are flooding my mind! I cant tell you how much I LOVED every single detail!!! BEAUTIFULLY & TASTFULLY done! YAY ~ the shiny paper ~ I would opened the invitation either!!! LOL!!

Kim H said...

btw ~ I had tears too!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!