Wednesday, February 12, 2014

It's A Shower!


Hi paper lovin' friends!  Today I'm finally going to share with you pictures and projects from my daughter's wedding shower.  Sorry it's taken so long to get to it!  Since there are a lot of pictures I'm not going to do a ton of chatting.  However I do want to let you know that it didn't take a bunch of stamps or dies ( all are My Creative Time stamps and dies) to create a pretty and whimsical event!

The theme was umbrellas and pinwheels, which made it easy to do!


I made my "infamous" English Toffee for her :)   I've posted the recipe in the past, you can use the search to locate it if you'd like.


The pinwheels were held together using Scallop and Stitched Circle die or Stitched Doily die.  Some were stamped with the umbrella from All Around Everything Accessories stamp set.


Two of her aunties and honorary auntie (my best friend) threw her the shower!  She is blessed to have many wonderful women in her life!


The cake designer that made her wedding cake made the grey cake filled with strawberry shortcake.  Then I made the cupcakes ( tiramisu, champagne cake with almond cream filling, and chocolate cake with Kahlua filling) they were sooo good!  One of my sister's in law made a wonderful Butternut Squash Soup and Chicken Salad on Croissants!  oh my, I getting hungry thinking about it :)



We had and Italian Soda Bar that was really fun and different.  Most of the guest hadn't ever had it before.


We simply added the banner Vintage Stitched Label die to some paper straws, the guests then wrote their name on it.  Cute way to not lose your drink! ;)


We carried the same umbrella stamp and die as the pinwheels through out.


Then for the "thank you favors", we made a sugar scrub (found the recipe on pinterest).  They were scented with lavender or peppermint oil...not everyone likes floral scents so the peppermint was the perfect alternative.

And again using the umbrella stamp and Scallop and Stitched Circle dies for the favors.  Then added the tag from Chunky Jar Accessories Stamp and Diess and the "many thanks" sentiment from Teeny Tag Greetings stamp set.


This is the banner that was hung up on the mirrors for the candy buffet.   The sentiment is from I'm Here For You Rain Or Shine Stamp Set and the umbrella die is named Stitched Umbrella die!




I hope you can get some ideas for your own event!  I will post the wedding projects by next week.  Then the wedding "chatter" should be finished!  :)  Well at least until the next daughter gets married!  lol! 

Have a beautiful rest of the week!

6 comments:

Cindy Beland said...

OMG Liz, BEAUTIFUL job with all the great projects for your daughter's wedding shower!!!SUPER job my friend!!! :)

Crafting Katie said...

You are unbelievable, Liz! What a gorgeous job you did! She must have loved it, and everybody must have been so impressed!!!

KimCreate said...

Adorable shower ideas! Beautiful colors. I'll be posting my Ahoy, it's a Boy shower pics soon.

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous decor...wow!!!!

Glora said...

Wow Liz, you are AMAZING! Everything turned out PERFECT!!!! I LOVE it! I'm looking forward to the wedding post too! Hugs- Glora

jessica said...

WOW!!! What a gorgeous shower!!! Everything turned out so beautifully!!!!!
AWESOME job!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!