Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Birthday!



Hi kiddos!  
I hope you've been having a wonderful week so far, if not, no worries it's almost over!  :)
Since joining the Peachy Keen Stamps DT I've been having so much fun playing with my Copics and Spectrum Noir pens!  I had forgotten how much I enjoy coloring and just how relaxing it is!  :)  

So today I wanted to share a card the I made for one of my brother's birthday using my favorite stamps and dies from My Creative Time and Peachy Keen!


Isn't this chef adorable!!!  Of course the sentiment is perfect with it!  The "type" font is awesome for any project!


Now I'm sure you've been seeing the new burlap paper from DCWV.  Well, I've been on a mission to use what I have, and too reduce my supplies before buying something, that I think I just have to have :)  (hopefully this will last )  So I took some burlap ( I have a ton of it), ran it through my Xyron and adhered it to thin card stock (like Recollections from Michael's). Then I ran it through my Big Shot with the 
XL Label die.  Voila...burlap paper!


recipe
My Creative Time

Peachy Keen Stamps

Extras
Teresa Collins ~ Far Away paper
Papertrey Ink cardstock ~ white
Recollections cardstock ~ cream, black
Burlap
Copic markers
Mementos Ink
Glossy Accents ~ buttons, cupcake
white gel pen
rhinestone
ribbon
button
hemp

See ya tomorrow!

6 comments:

Crafting Katie said...

First of all, your card is just adorable! Your brother will love it! That chef is too cute! Great job coloring him! And second, how clever to make your own burlap paper, and I'm SO IMPRESSED with how well it came out!!!

~amy~ said...

Super cute Liz. Love the addition of the burlap!

snappy scrappy said...

So super cute, love the layers and burlap!!

jessica said...

I LOVE this!!!!
What an adorable card Liz!!!

Cocoa's Mom said...

Such a fun card, Liz! Thank you for the burlap tip. Great way to use your stash! : ) Christine

Glora said...

Wow Liz, this is awesome. I love the way you colored the chef and you made your own burlap paper - WOW. I love it. It turned out great. I may have to try and make some of my own too. Hugs- Glora

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!