Thursday, November 10, 2011

Throwback Thursday Challenge with My Creative Time!!!


***This is my second post of the day, please scroll down to see EAD Designs Color Challenge! or  you can click HERE! ***


"Welcome to another Throwback Thursday Challenge! This is one week before My Creative Time's November Release happening next Friday, Nov. 18th! So, you know what that means.... right? That means if you participate in this challenge, you will have the "Golden opportunity" to qualify to win the ENTIRE release next week! This is probably the BEST release to date!;) The deadline for this challenge will be on Wed, Nov. 16th! So you only have one week to complete your projects in order to qualify! Good Luck!:)"

The challenge this week is to create a project with a "Kid Friendly" cartridge!  So I decided to use Disney Classics cartridge!  Well, there is a reason that I don't use the Disney ones very often...and of course I didn't remember until it was too late!  WAY TOO MANY LITTLE PIECES! lol   Even though is was quite the pain, I'm still happy with the end result!  :)


I was able to place the stamp on the block so it would match the curve of the banner.


they are on a wobble!!!  It's like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are singing and dancing!


I forgot to take a picture of the inside!  I cut a smaller  zig zag piece out of white so I can write in it!  Also the zig zag part, is the card, the yellow circle is only a backing piece.

Recipe:
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
zig zag card ba feature base cut at 9.94 x 4.95
zig zag layer on the inside cut at 4.57 x 4.36
circle cut at 5.55 x 5.29
Disney Classics Cricut Cartridge
tweedle dee and tweedle dum cut at 3.38 x 3.47
banner cut at 5.70 x 6.49

paper: Echo Park, Stampin Up, Bazzill
ribbon, ink, black & white pen


Don't forget to check out the others on the Design Team.  For some of them it's their first time posting with My Creative Time, so give them all some bloggy love!

Click here to enter the challenge!

Enjoy!

19 comments:

Taylor said...

Way cool card!! I Imagine it's especially cute when they're wobbling. Thank you so much for sharing.

Cathryn said...

Soooo Cute Liz! That banner is beautiful! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Crafting Katie said...

This turned out so cute, Liz! I can see why those little guys were so difficult! You were brave to cut them that small!

Ro said...

These guys used to freak me out when I was younger! Your card is so cute. I love all the bright colors you used =)

Glora said...

Okay this is SO FLIPPIN' awesome!!!! These characters definitely take some time and patience but you did them proud. And I agree with Katie that you were VERY brave to cut them out so small. But it was a success and I LOVE this card! Terrific job! Hugs- Glora

Veronica Kietzman said...

Hehehe... so cute!!! Love it, Liz!

-Veronica

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Hi Liz!

This card is AMAZING!!!! OMGosh! I can't believe that you cut them out so small and they look great!

Ruthie :)

angie ashuk said...

Love the card!!! It is so cute. I left you a little love on my blog, check it out:)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh yes, you were very very BRAVE to cut them that small but they turned out so adorable, and on a wobble.. super cute.
hugs

Leanne said...

This is truly adorable Liz! I don't own any Disney cartridges because I had heard there were so many tiny pieces but wow you did it perfect! Hugs, Leanne

Unknown said...

Awesome card Liz!! I think I might need to bring out Mickey and use it.

Cindy Lovell said...

This card is amazing,Liz!! WOW! I looove what you did here!! AWESOME!!! :)
Cindy

Adrian said...

Wow, you did an awesome job!

Cassandra said...

This is sooo fun!!! Love the colors....anything Disney ROCKS!!! Nice job :)

hugs
Cassandra

tracym110 said...

Awesome card!! You did a fantastic job!
Tracy M

Pam (AKA CraftyK) said...

Super cute card!! Awesome job with all those tiny pieces.

Jeanne said...

What a super cute card! You did a fantastic job with the cut. I have to admit, that is why I don't use those cartridges as much as I should. But you rocked it!

quilt4fun2 said...

The detail is awesome...a pain but awesome in the end. Great job.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Linsey R said...

Oh Liz, this card is so awesome--truly, I can't stop looking at all the detailing! Gosh, you are a master with that white pen! It's perfect and I love it. You're so inspiring :) I hope you have a fab weekend! hugs

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!