Friday, November 4, 2011

My Creative Time's Newest Design Team!

Oh happy Friday!  I'm so glad it's Friday, work has been a little crazy (good crazy), so I'm really looking forward to the weekend!  I have a couple fun things planned (hint: that usually means crafting time with friends!)  Enough of my yada, yada, yada!  What I really wanted to share with you, is that Emma at My Creative Time has chosen her new Design Team!  And yes, Emma has asked me to stay on (I'm so excited)!

Now, if you've been following me for any length of time you know what I'm all about.  However, if you're new to me, here is a little bio: I'm married to a man that understands my need to be creative and have 2 grown daughters. I work part time for a real estate company as a file auditor to support my habit... my love for paper and all things crafty! My obsession for scrapbooking started 17 years ago and stamping shortly after. I have learned over the years that I create better alone, but love and NEED the social part of crops! I'm so excited to be a part of the My Creative Time Design Team! I never thought that when I first found a fabulous blog called "My Creative Time" that I would first become friends with this awesome person, then become part of her design team!

Thanks, Emma, for the inspiration and this opportunity! 

Here is a quick little home decor project that I made today!

 this is actually made with a roofing tin, that is already cut at 5x7.  One year for a Christmas party, I made one for each family...about 40 of them!  They loved it!  This also looks cute on a little easel

I die cutted the label, then stamped the border, then the sentiment.  Then I glued only the top of the label to the tin.  That way you can slide a picture in and out, using the magnet to hold it place!

the little glass pebble is glued to magnet with a small circle of paper sandwiched between the two.

recipe:
 Cricut Imagine Black and White Cartridge
music paper
paper: Papertrey Ink, My Minds Eye~Lost & Found Sunshine
ink, magnet, ribbon, glass pebble

Please head over to My Creative Time to see the whole Design Team!

Enjoy!

31 comments:

Cassandra said...

What a beautiful project! Congrats on continuing with the DT. Looking forward to working with you :)

Cassandra

Kate said...

Love your project Liz very Beautiful and Congrats.

Hugs,
Kate

Unknown said...

So beautiful! You have a beautiful family! Congrats on continuing with the team!

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW,what a beautiful project,Liz!! I really love everything about it!! Beautiful photo!! :)
Congratulation...so glad!! :)
Cindy

~amy~ said...

Wow!!!! Gorgeous!!!

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Very pretty!! Wow 40 of them, crazy!! Congrats on staying on the DT!
Kristan

Crafting Katie said...

This is absolutely adorable, Liz! I'm going to have to talk to you about this roofing tin tomorrow... might need to scraplift! I'm so excited to continue working with you!!!

Brenda Wooten Porter said...

congrats for being asked to stay on!! I look forward to your future projects!! this is cute too!

Jeanne said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Liz! I can't wait to see what projects you have in store for this term! Congrats on being asked to stay on the team. I look forward to working with you and all the members of the MCT DT!! :)

Veronica Kietzman said...

Love love LOVE! This is so beautiful! And I adore the way you take your photos!!! So excited to be designing with you!

-Veronica

Glora said...

Roofing tin? Are you serious! This is AWESOME!!!! You always inspire me and I'm SO looking forward to continuing to work with you and your creative genius! Hugs- Glora

Nicole Wright Designs said...

This is awesome Liz! Your family is gorgeous! Big Congrats for staying on the DT:)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

So so adorable.. I wish I was lived closer so you could show me how to do this, (being as you awesome ladies won't invite me up for your play dates.. lol) I wouldn't make 40, but would love to make 3 of them. AND silly you, I didn't get ANOTHER cricut, I just have my old expression and the Expression 2 that I won on the criuse and then my Imagine (that I have had since it came out, when it's on easy pay how could I not resisted it).. but I just have a corner of the bedroom and with all 3 cricuts I had no space to work. lol Have a fun fun week end.. I am so sad I am not able to make it to Miss Emma's class tomorrow but will definitely be at the next one.... hugs

Sandy from Ukiah said...

and I forgot to say "congrats" on being chosen to stay on with Miss Emma's DT.. how could she not chose you, you are so amazingly talented... I am so excited for you. hugs

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Woohoo! Of course she asked you to stay on! Everything you make is amazing! LOVE your plaque!

Ruthie :)

Rosy C. said...

Oh My Goodness Liz... where to begin on your beautiful wall decor. Ok, first thanks for sharing a picture of your beautiful family with us. Second, I like what you used on the background to capture your project. It really makes it stand out. The creation its self is simply BEAUTIFUL! Great Work! I am beyond excited to work with an amazing and talented team!
Many Sweet Creations...
www.sweetdelightspapernmore.blogspot.com

Meesh said...

Congratulations Liz! You are SUPER talented! :o)

Michelle

katieo said...

Your wall hanging turned out gorgeous. I love outdoor pictures and that you are all wearing white shirts.

Leanne said...

This is gorgeous! I'm so glad we are still on the team together! Love everything you do! Hugs, Leanne

Leanne said...

Duh!! No wonder I couldn't never find your blog on my dashboard!! I could have SWORE I was following your blog but I guess not but don't worry!! I took care of that real quick hee hee I'm your newest follower!!!!! Hugs, Leanne

Shar said...

Gorgeous project, as always, Liz!!! Congrats on your continued assignment with My Creative Time. I'm so glad to be working with you again!!! :)

Linsey R said...

Hi Liz! WoWza!!! This this little treasure is absolutely gorgeous! Your style is fabulous and I can't wait to be even more inspired by you than I already am! Congrats on your continued DT term with My Creative Time--very much deserved and I'm thrilled to have the chance to be a part of it all! Happy weekend and big hugs, new friend!

Cathryn said...

Beautiful decoration for your home Liz!!! Glad to be working with you again!!! Hugs, Cathryn :)

tracym110 said...

So pretty! Great use of that die! :) so happy to be a new team member!
Tracy m
tracyscricutcorner.blogspot.com

The Archiving Angel said...

Hello Liz-congrats on making the team! You so deserve it. Your creations are always beautiful & inspirational.
Love this gorgeous hanging! SUPERB!!!
Crafty best wishes as always,
Sonia

kim.scrapper said...

Congrats on the design team assignment and your wall hanging is gorgeous, tfs

Jannie said...

Congratulations that you have made it to this awesome team! I will checking your posts on Emma's challenges! Isn't she the best!

Love this project, it is so supercute!

Jannie
www.knutselfrutselen.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Congratulations!!! Love your project. Can not imagine/visualize how you brought this together with a roofing tin. Hopfully you will share a tutorial with us. Thanks.

quilt4fun2 said...

Congratulations on being on the Design Team for another term...You have beautiful and clever projects.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

My Creative Time said...

Miss Liz, you are one AMAZINGLY TALENTED lady my sweet friend! THANK YOU for being apart of my team & escpecially for showing us how to make this AWESOME project!!! yaaaah!!! I LOVE it!
BIG HUGE hugs,
Emma;)

Miranda said...

Congrats! And love your project!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!