Monday, January 31, 2011

How to make a layout on the gypsy~ Episode 2

Hi!

Well I did it again...that's right I made another video.  I thought it was a quick one, but afterward I realized it was kind of long! 

Anyway, I've had several people ask me to show how I make a layout on my gypsy, so here you go.  Sorry it's not real clear, still getting used to working with the camera!  :)



***I gave the wrong address for Emma, click here to go straight to her***

This may not work for everyone, and it certainly doesn't need to be done this way for a simple card (like shown).  But when you are designing a project with lots of cuts, for me this is the only way to go.  I also save every project in my gypsy, so I know exactly what I've done.

Hopefully I will be able to make the card later this week!

Enjoy!

7 comments:

kathlee said...

Great video Liz! I have only had my gypsy since Christmas so this was EXTREMELY helpful! Thanks again!
Kathie
http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

erin lee creative said...

Nice work! Did you know the big circle with the line going down to a little circle will make your shape bigger or smaller? I just realized that little gem the other day - it was a DUH moment!

jennyplace2 said...

Just wanted to let you know that the video was very helpful. There is just so much to learn, sometimes I just can not seam to get anything right. This video is going to help this old lady tons! TFS!

Scrappy Mel said...

Great job, Liz!! :)

Just a little tip (don't know if it will help you or not, but here it is anyway - LOL)... When you are on the hide contours screen the buttons "next" and "previous" move thru each line also. So if you are pushing the top left silver button and you go past the line you want just hit "previous" until it backs up to the one you want. That way you don't have to go all the way around again or try to select just the right line with your stylus. :)

Sara Kate said...

Great job! I lay all my stuff out on the gypsy too, especially if there are alot of cuts!!
Sara
sarakscraps.blogspot.com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You did a great job on the video Liz...

Alex said...

great video liz ! I love my gypsy too !

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!