Thursday, February 9, 2012

EAD Designs Color Challenge~Call Me!

*** This is my second post of the day...if you're looking for
My Creative Time's Throwback Thursday Challenge,
please scroll down***

Good Morning!   Welcome to EAD Design's Color Challenge!  Today's challenge is all about the black and white!  I have to say this is one of my favorite color combos, I wear it frequently!  However, I usually have a pop of color with it, so I had a hard time not adding a pop on my card!  lol

For today's card I used my favorite houndstooth from Teresa Collins, how could I not! :)


I first used My Creative Time XL Label die to cut out EAD's Vinyl stickerz sheet.  It cut it out beautifully!  I then cut a plain white sheet with the label die.  Once cut out I placed the cut sticker on the cut label.  Now here's the best part...it didn't match the first time I tried to stick them together.  But that's ok, because with EAD vinyl stickerz you can carefully pull them off the paper and try again.  Second try was perfect!!!  You just couldn't do that will all stickers! 

The other awesome thing about the newsprint vinyl sheet is, that it's printed on clear vinyl.  This way a color would show through!

recipe:
paper: Teresa Collins, Papertrey Ink, Recollections
tulle, embossing powder, pear



You don't have anything to lose, everybody is a winner!
Play along and receive a 25% off coupon...maybe you'll be the winner and win a $20 Gift Card to the EAD Store!
PLUS the winner of the color challege will be invited to be a EAD Guest DT
The challenge runs through Feb 23rdh!
To enter EAD's Color Challenge, click HERE!

Enjoy!

 

12 comments:

jessica said...

I love this Liz! So beautiful with that die cut label and sentiment!

Crafting Katie said...

What an adorable card, Liz! I'm loving that clear vinyl newspaper print - how fun! I'm glad to see you were able to sneak in your houndstooth too!

lauren bergold said...

love everything about this gorgeous card... but the tulle and the pearl brad just MAKE IT! soooooo elegant and special! ♥

2LilPrincesses said...

this card is awesome Liz!!!! So pretty!

Esther said...

Just perfect!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I love black n white - and u have done a beautiful job with this card.... I am making a card using that same sentiment

Kim H said...

Do I even need to tell you how much I LoVe this color combination or how much I LoVe houndstooth! This card is TOTALLY my favorite! I also had to laugh at your post because that is me ~ except the pop of color! Lol FABULOUS card!

scrappy critters said...

Hi LiZ!! OMG.. I soo love the way this vintage houndstooth card looks. It is amazing.. miss you and so sorry we didn't get to meet... for sure next year.
♥Tammy

Got2BCrafting said...

BEAUTIFUL!! It really is perfect the way it is, but I know what you mean about throwing in a pop of color.... I would have been dying to put maybe just one red or pink pearl in the center of the tulle!! LOL! I totally love the patterns you used together, I really need to get braver with my pattern usage. :)
Lori

Shelly said...

This is really cool! Those stickers are so NEAT! I always love the papers and patterns you use...AWESOME!
Have a GREAT night!
Shelly

twindolphin said...

That card is sooo beautiful. Just what I need, have a friend who needs a shoulder to lean on at the moment. Will be making this one to send to her. Love the touch with the pearl brad, gorgeous.

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my gosh, I love everything about this card! Houndstooth...love!!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!