Monday, November 1, 2010

A Simple Birthday Card!

Good morning!

I've been making so many cards lately that I'm wanting to switch gears and make some layouts.  The only problem is that I overthink layouts and sometimes they can take me forever!  I really need to finish my youngest DD scrapbook, I've said it before, but I really need to...she'll be 20 in 2 weeks!  I've got to get this done!  I've got to get this done!  I've got to get this done!  Ok...I just figure if I say it a bunch of times I will really do it this time!

As for my card, this card I made for one of my friends, her birthday is today.  She's a crafter too, so I gave her a  cartridge and made her glass etched candle holders.  Sorry I didn't take a picture...thought you might be tired of glass etching!  I used a vine image from Holiday Cake Cartridge, they came out really cute!  I'm hoping that she won't see this before I give it to her tonight. ("N" if you do see this, you're suppose to be working!!!) Oh ya, the card...I almost forgot!


Recipe:
Straight From The Nest, Cricut Cartridge
cupcake cut at 2.75 x 3.0
layers cut to match
Paper: October Afternoon
Stampin Up ribbon, linen thread
button, white pen, chalk
Stickles ~ note to self ~ don't use Icicle Stickle...too thick and takes too long to dry!  :(

Enjoy!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the face on the cherry!! So cute!! TFS!!

Marlene said...

Adorable! I, too, love that little face on the cherry! Heehee!

Joanna said...

This is adorable! I hear ya on finishing a scrapbook! I'm still working on my daughters baby book and she's almost 1 already! :)

Debbie said...

Liz I love this card really cute Debbie @ DD'sCrafts

scrappy critters said...

adorable card! ♥Tammy

Scrappy Mel said...

So cute and it doesn't look simple at all! It is perfect! :)

Scrappy Mel said...

So cute and it doesn't look simple at all! It is perfect! :)

Kathryn said...

The card is so cute!!! TFS

Oh, and as for the who's scarier? Well I can say the clown. lol I have 3 children and for some reason they just think clowns are really scary. Ask my 25 and 20 year olds and they still to this day don't like clowns. My 10 year old runs and hides from them.

Hope you had a great Halloween.

Diana said...

Cute cards...off to read the rest of your blog. My youngest DD turned 20 today...so I hear you on that..I am so far behind. Every christmas she get more pages to add. It's all good.

Mari AKA Momo said...

Adorable card!!! I am just finally getting into the groove of things with the layouts!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!! :o)

tt.scraps said...

Adorable! Great blog...and now I'm your newest follower!

Jennifer said...

Liz,

I have so many cupcake cuts (on a lot of different Cricut cartridges), but I love this one!!! :) Another reason to get the Straight from the Nest Cartridge (as if I needed another)!

Your friend will love it!

Thanks for sharing,

Jennifer

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!