Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Thinking of You!



Hello and happy Wednesday!  I have quick card to share with you today!  A few of our friends recently lost loved one's so I made a few sympathy cards.  I'm only sharing one, since they are very similar.  Sometimes I like to make a few at time, this way I have them already on hand.  Unfortunately I needed all of them at once.


I did a quick water color technique for the background, then did the stamp and spray method for the flowers.  After they were dry I fussy cut them out.  


I used white embossing powder on the vellum, I thought it would really stand out on the background.  I love how the flowers pop!  I didn't use any foam squares, so this card is relatively flat.  So unusual for me :)


recipe:
My Creative Time
Typewriter die
Once Upon A Time Stamp Set
Pretty Spring Wreath Stamp Set

Extras
Papertrey Ink cardstock
Papertrey Ink Vellum
Bristol paper
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Stampin' Up Ink
White Embossing Powder
rhinestone

5 comments:

Crafting Katie said...

This is really beautiful, Liz! I love the embossed typewriter! What a cool look!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful water colouring!!!!

An'Jenic G. said...

WOW Liz you have been having a lot on your plate. The good thing is you were able to find the leak before it was too late. you have a lot going on but I'm excited to see your new cabinet. Anyway this card is so cute and have me laugh. Its perfect for any one who has been having such a rough time in life. I L.O.V.E IT!!!

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Gorgeous card Liz!

Cindy Beland said...

Looks FANTASTIC my friend!!!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!