Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Thinking Of You!


Happy Wednesday, hope you're having a great week so far!  Today I have a really quick card to share with you.  We've had a super strange winter/spring this year, so I guess I've been really wanting it to be spring and stay spring.  In the SF Bay Area, we just aren't used to 80 degree weather and then the next day hailing peas!  I think that's why I was so drawn to a "springy" card!


I'm going to try to explain how I made the pink layer.  I had two small squares of the pink paper, not big enough for MCT tag die.  On the lower pink piece I ran it through my big shot three times using the side of my journaling die.  Then for the top pink piece I ran it through two on paralleling sides, then used my MCT stitched curly die to create the top knot.  Only you and I know that the pink piece isn't one complete piece. :)


I stamped the PKS watering can on vellum with stazon ink, then carefully cut it out,  and did the same thing for the flowers after coloring with copic markers.  Of course no card of mine would be complete without a bit bling!


recipe
My Creative Time

Peachy Keen Stamps
april 2013 stamp of the month set ~ this stamp set is on sale right now too!!!
xpi blending cardstock ( a must for copic markers)

Extras
copic markers
papertrey ink cardstock and vellum
stazon ink
memento ink
tim holtz brick embossing folder
tim holtz distress ink ~ pink
fine glitter
scrap pattern paper
button
hemp

Be sure to check on the links in the upper right hand corner of my blog for different challenges going on!  There are always fabbie prizes to be won!

3 comments:

Crafting Katie said...

Absolutely adorable!!! Your background layers are awesome, Liz, and that watering can is so cute with those fun flowers!

Life and Knits said...

Liz your card is so pretty! I really love the sparkle, such a lovely touch.

Susie

Kim H said...

Liz ~ BEAUITFUL card! Okay I am in AWE that you thought of the die thing with the pink paper!!! CLEVER! Gorgeous coloring again along with the design!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!