Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Creative Time's Throwback Thursday Challenge!

Hello Everyone!!! I will be posting two times today so make sure you see both of them!
It's time for another My Creative Time Throwback Thursday Challenge!  This time we're doing things a bit different, it's color and cartridge challenge!  All you have to do is use the colors in the picture of the owls and  ANY Older Cartridge of YOUR choice!  Easy Peasy!
I needed to make a card for one of my daughter's friend that's getting married this weekend.  At first I thought it would be hard to make a wedding card with those colors.  However I had just got a bunch of paper from a friend who scored a huge find at Tuesday Morning!  And lo and behold there were the colors I needed!


That is brown brown, it just looks like black in the picture!


To make the ribbon ruffled, I ran ATG tape where I wanted the ribbbon, then just pushed the ribbon where I wanted it to stick.

 The pearls on the flags, seam binding ribbon, and the little clear button are from my Boutique!

Recipe:
Sweetheats Cricut Cartridge
cake cut at 1.82 x 3.00 and layers to match
Sophisticated Cricut Cartridge
flags cut at 1.12 x 1.35
paper: American Crafts, PTI
glitter, ink

Create a card, layout, 3-D , Home decor project of your choice! Deadline for this challenge will be on Wed, June 20th!
Click HERE to link up for the challenge and to see what my other Design Teammates created!!!

Enjoy!

17 comments:

bonnie said...

Oh Liz this is gorgeous...love the colours and the sweet little flags!! :) hugs x

Crafting Katie said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Liz! You totally made those colors work for a wedding card! After school gets out next Friday, I am going to be shopping in your store - the glass button and the pearls are adorable!!!

Glora said...

WOW Liz, this is BEAUTIFUL! I love the way you did the ribbon, amazing job! Hugs- Glora

Kim H said...

Liz ~ just BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE what you did with the seam binding and that glass button! Eeek! I need to take a look to see how I missed that one!Your card is just so PERFECT and ELEGANT for a wedding! I LOVED your post "Lo and behold!!! you had the right colors! LOL!

Jeanne said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the little flags and that cake is super yummy! Fabulous job!

Cindy Beland said...

Your card is soooo GORGEOUS Liz!BEAUTIFUL job with the colors and sweet details,I LOVE IT!!:)

quilt4fun2 said...

Beautiful job on the color challenge on the Wedding Card. Great Cricut cut for the cake and love the embellishments.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cathryn said...

Gorgeous card Liz! You made a perfect wedding theme with those colors, great job! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Cassandra said...

Wow!! A wedding card from those colors??? That's what I call talent! Great job :)

Sherrie K. said...

GORGEOUS wedding card Liz! The papers are beautiful and I just love the cake cut:) Love the adorable little sentiments! Nice job my friend! Have a great wknd!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Lezlye said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and the added touches.

Lois said...

love the card, great colors and the flags are so cute.
question......the owls on a plaque, did you make this? if so how please, i need this
lois

liz at liz's paper loft said...

Hi Lois,
I didn't make the owls. It's just a picture that Emma used for the color challenge. :)

Scrapping Out Of Control said...

OMg Liz this is so cute!! Love this so much!! Great job! hugs

Nancy

Annie's Paper Boutique | Trendy Twine said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the colors.

Lesley @ Trendy Twine

Kate said...

Beautiful Card. Love the colors and what you did with the banners.

Hugs,
Kate

Georgiana said...

Very pretty wedding card.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!