Friday, June 29, 2012

Fun At The Fair Blog Hop ~ First Place!


Welcome to Fun At The Fair Blog Hop, hosted by Sandra of 365 Days of Cricut!  First of all I want to thank Sandra for inviting me to join her hop!  It's been awhile since I've been in a hop that doesn't have to do with any of the design teams I'm on!  You should have arrived here from Ana Maria, if not please head over to the start at Sandra's blog, so you don't miss a thing.
 
I have to say that it was a little stumped on what I would do for it.  I really wanted to think out side the box, and I think I did!  Of course when I was younger I thought the fair was all about the rides and the food!  But now that I'm more wise, I know that it's  about the "contests and the food"!  So I thought it would be fun to decorate a jar of gourmet jelly and a make a card to go with it.  Just as if I had won the "first" prize for the best jelly!  (like that would ever really happen)  Hey, in the blogging world anything can happen!  :)






recipe:
Liz's Paper Loft Boutique ~ 6" burlap, .05mm red, natural hemp, 1mm natural hemp, Seam Binding Ribbon
Preserves Cricut Cartridge
raspberry (lid) cut at 1.31 x 1.34 and layers to match
raspberry (card) cut at 2.94 x 3.00 and layers to match
label (card) cut at 3.44 x 4.65
circle (lid) cut at 1.70 x 1.64
circle (lid) cut at 1.87 x 1.80
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
frame (card) cut at 3.37 x 2.76
frame (card) cut at 3.61 x 2.96
EK Success ticket punch
Close To My Heart Stamps~ blue ribbon and sentiment
glitter, ink, glossy accents, buttons
paper: Echo Park and PTI


Blog Candy!!
 We have a wonderful sponsor which is a $20 gift certificate to the Scraptastical Kreations store which has so many adorable cutting files!!

To qualify for the blog candy be sure to leave a comment on all of the blogs and be a follower if you like and stop by Scraptastical Kreations Facebook Group to tell them Sandra sent you!

And one winner will receive "Limited Edition Metallic Hemp from Liz's Paper Loft Boutique

Oh by the way Seam Binding Ribbon 20 color pack is on sale over at Liz's Paper Loft Boutique!



Here's the incredible lineup:
1. SANDRA
3. LIZ (me)
4. MONICA ~ your next stop!
5. PATTY
6. BONNIE
7. MEL
8. SYLVIA
9. KRISTY
10. CECILIA
11. ALMA

Enjoy!

37 comments:

Houses Built of Cards said...

What a FUN and AMAZING card!!! LOVE all the details and layers!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

bonnie said...

Oh goodness that is the cutest jelly ever!! I would have liked to win that! :) hugs x

~amy~ said...

Really cute Liz!!!!!!

Crafting Katie said...

OMG!!! You have blown me away! Your card and jar are absolutely adorable! Perfect details, Liz!!!

Nancy Kirkup said...

Such pretty projects, love your layers! New follower!
Nancy
alwaysastorycreationsbynancy.blogspot.com/

Holly Gagnon said...

Wow Liz! Love the details! You're so talented, I'd give you first prize. Holly :-)

Kate said...

WOW amazing details on your creation my friend. Love your card and jar both are decorated beautifully. Love it.

Hugs,
Kate

Suzy said...

AWesome cards! Love the layers! :)
-Suzanne suzyq28024@gmail.com

Maria said...

I really love your card. It turned out sooo beautiful.
Thanks for sharing
marial302003@yahoo.com

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty...wow! Lee-Ann :)

jen said...

Awesome job Liz!! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,jen

Unknown said...

Liz.. these are just stunning!! Really gorgeous! Love it.. that card is beautiful!

Susan
http://scrapathousandwords.blogspot.com
icepanthress@gmail.com

Karon said...

Beautiful and your card is stunning. TFS

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

OMG.. this is just gorgeous. I LOVE your burlap on the jar. I HAVE to get some....Miss you!!!
♥Tam

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh yes you are wiser now. lol.. And you definitely thought outside the box.. Love every little detail.. hugs

Monica said...

This is amazing Liz, your card is gorgeous!

Kristy said...

This is beautiful, Liz!! I love the not so traditional spin on the theme. Perfect! : ) ~ Kristy

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So pretty, Liz! I love the little jar too - it's perfect! :D

- Mel

Pat K said...

These are so great! Love the colors and creativity!

marg0006 said...

Such a great card with all the cute embellishes.

marg0006 at verizon dot net

silvia said...

LOVE your jelly jar topper and card!!

katieo said...

I love this idea. So many cute details

Lucy Kelleher said...

What a great idea! They both turned out fab with a lot of great details :)

Lucy
http://www.love2createitall.com

callyannc said...

I want to be first place! This is the cutest thing i have ever seen! I love it! TFS callyann

Melissa said...

Such detail in your card! I really appreciated all of the pictures!

Melissa

Suzanne said...

Hi Liz!
WOW! Everything you create is so INSPIRING & BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm sure you could come in 1st any day:) ! Your jelly jar is so adorable and I love all the embellishments on your card! Thank you for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Suzanne
suzwatanabe@yahoo.com

Sis Patterson said...

Wonderful entry and congratulations on your win! Your project is terrific - the details, the layers, the colors, and sparkle.

Sherrie K. said...

Liz, please don;t include me in the giveaway..no time to go through the hop today but I wanted to tell you I just love your project! you did an amazing job going outside the box:) You decorated the jelly jar so fantastic. What a great presentation! LOVE this!!!!
Happy Saturday my friend!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

scrappinC said...

What a wonderful prize you won for jelly. Fantastic project. Love the berries and the sparkle and the burlap on the jar is fabulous.
Cindy Lou
endurapuppy at yahoo dot com

Jeanne said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Love that burlap on the lid of the jar! And all the cuts, you've done a fabulous job with every single element of your project! :)

Creative Diva said...

Wow! So gorgeous! You did a fabulous job. Glad to be on the hop with you.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com

Angela Crafty Spot said...

What a cute card and jelly jar!!
Angela
http://angelascraftyspot.blogspot.com/

Kim H said...

Liz ~ your card and jar are simply ELEGANT and GORGEOUS! The details are simply AMAZING!! I LOVE how you made the berries just sparkle ~ they look crystalized! WOW! LOVE EVERY single detail!!!!!

Cathryn said...

I LOVE both projects Liz! What a great gift to give and receive! Beautiful colors and textures. Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

365 Days of Cricut said...

Omg Liz this is so awesome,very magazine worthy lol! Thanks for joining me at the fair!!

Bella Scrapbook Designs said...

I love your jelly jar. It was great being in the hop with you

Esther said...

WOW!!!! Simply WOW!!!!!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!