Monday, June 4, 2012

EAD Designs Monday Hop ~ Coffee Birthday!

***If you are looking for My Creative Time's Imagine That Monday, click HERE***

Hello Paper Peeps!  This is my second post of the day and both projects coordinate!  Welcome to EAD Designs Monday Hop!  If you arrived here from the super creative Lauren of Lauren's Creative, then you're in the right spot!  But if you just popped in to see me then you certainly want to head over to EAD's Blog for the start!  Make sure to leave a comment along the way for this week's giveaway!

Today I made a cute birthday card with one of my favorite color combos, dusty blue and brown!  I used my Imgine for the my pattern paper.  Then added the cute little EAD stickerz right on to the blue so it would show through the stickerz.  You can get EAD stickerz on white or clear background, I usually get clear.




I also did an effect that my friend Katie of Crafting with Katie did a couple of week ago.  But of course I did with a twist! I cut a strip of paper about 2/3 the width of the seam binding ribbon. Then I used my ATG on the paper and adhered it to the ribbon even with one side. Next I ran the ribbon through a paper crimper. The side with the the paper stays crimped, but the part with no paper backing is just like a little ruffle!


Recipe:
Cricut Imagine ~ Vintage Damask Cartridge
paper: PTI, Colorbok
button
Tim Holtz ~ ink


      


Your next stop is the Fabulous Rose of My Happy Place!

Enjoy!

20 comments:

Kim H said...

Liz ~ I have to agree with you about the color combination ~ it is simply BEAUTIFUL together! LOVE how you and Katie used the seem binding ribbon! I would LOVE a video on how you did this! LOVing the EADS stickers ~ they work so well with this card! GORGEOUS like always!!!!

Michelle said...

That is a serene color combo. Your card is lovely.

Sue D said...

Great card--I like the colors and your ribbon technique.

Donna B. said...

Great coffee themed birthday card Liz! The colors and the ribbon look great! I'm looking forward to working with the EAD team this month!

Crafting Katie said...

OMG, this is adorable, Liz! The half crimped ribbon is awesome! I love the twine in the button on the coffee cup too!

Crafting Katie said...

OMG, this is adorable, Liz! The half crimped ribbon is awesome! I love the twine in the button on the coffee cup too!

Crafting Katie said...

OMG, this is adorable, Liz! The half crimped ribbon is awesome! I love the twine in the button on the coffee cup too!

jessica said...

Beautiful job Liz!!!

~amy~ said...

Gotta love a fab coffee card:)

Rose said...

love the crimped ribbon!!! super card girl :)

mandalj said...

I'll have to try that crimping technique - very cool effect!

Sukie said...

Adorable card and love the new technique, it looks fabulous!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

you are so creative Liz.. i love it.. hugs

quilt4fun2 said...

Your card is beautiful...I love the stickerz and the ruffled binding ribbon. Nice tip with the crimper!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Cute card, great ribbon technique!

Emily H said...

Beautiful card Liz!

Esther said...

Cute!!!

Got my twine yesterday, what yummy colors!!! :):)

Shellye McDaniel said...

beautiful card!

Cindy Beland said...

GREAT looking card Liz!BEAUTIFUL job as always!!:)

kyscrapmom said...

Cute stuff!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!