Monday, June 11, 2012

My Creative Time ~ Scrappy Monday Layout Challenge!

Hello Everyone!

And a happy Monday to you!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Mine was busy and relaxing at the same time.  I got a lot of things done, but also did somethings for myself!  I'm not going to keep you too long with my stuff since there is alot to see and this is my first of two posts today!

This week's challenge at My Creative Time is a sketch challenge and to incorporate any type of "Fibers" onto our layout! example: jute, burlap, twine, hemp etc...Good thing I just happen to know where I can get some fibers and trims! :)



I hope you don't get tired of see layouts without photos.  I made this for a wedding we will be going to this weekend!  It will be the first time I've had my girls together since Christmas. As they get older, it's harder to get a family picture!  So I'm planning ahead!





recipe:
Lacy Labels Cricut Cartridge
 curly label cut at 7.5
oval label cut at 3.0 and 3.20
Nate's ABC Cricut Cartridge
letters cut at .75
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Recollections
button, ink

This challenge will end on Sunday, June 24th!  Don't forget to go to My Creative Time to enter the challenge and see what my Design Teammates created!

I'll have another post later this morning, so I hope you come back!  In fact I will have a new post everyday this week!  I've been on a creative roll!

Enjoy!

17 comments:

Crafting Katie said...

BEAUTIFUL, Liz! I love the papers and that fun trim you used!!!

Cathryn said...

Really beautiful Liz! I love the colors and shapes. Enjoy your weekend with your girls! LOve and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Kate said...

Beautiful LO! Love the trim and how you used the negative of the paper to create a frame.

Hugs,
Kate

Glora said...

Wow, Liz this is stunning. I love the triple layer flower in the same size. It is BEAUTIFUL. The colors are awesome and I love that you got ahead of the game on this one. Have fun being all together! Hugs- Glora

Cindy Lovell said...

Perfect Layout,Liz! Love how you did the title on the flag and the pom pom trim! So beautiful! :)

Jeanne said...

Awww...I just LOVE this layout! Love that patterned paper and your journaling block! Great job Liz!

quilt4fun2 said...

Great idea planning ahead for future photos...does that mean you are caught up? Great job following the sketch and I love the colors. I hope you get some great pictures to put in the layout.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the layout. Great to plan ahead. Was looking at Lacy Labels and I do not see anything called curly label fro a framing like yours. I do see Heart2 & AllGirl which resembles what you used. I wanted to find the same image you used for layer so I'll give these a try and see what they look like at 71/2".
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Cassandra said...

What a pretty layout...love the contrasting colors..really makes the blue and pink stand out :) Nice job!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

I just called it curly label, I can never read what they call the names on the lite carts!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

not even close! :)

Scrapping Out Of Control said...

WOW LIZ!! great job! It must be wedding season!! LOL..LOVE all the colors! Hugs

Nancy

Annie's Paper Boutique | Trendy Twine said...

Wow, gorgeous layout.

Lesley @ Trendy Twine

Shelly said...

So so pretty! What an absolutely gorgeous layout!
Have a SUPER day!
Shelly

Kim H said...

Liz ~ Oh this is so BEUTIFUL! The kraft paper looks so AMAZING with that colors! You know I LVOE the houndstooth too! the ribbon is just the PERFECT touch! I am NOT sick of not seeing pictures in your layouts because I so relate! LOL! Have fun this weekend and enjoy your girls and family!!!

Esther said...

Beautiful! Love the colors of this layout and the cute popm pom trim :)

Cindy Beland said...

Your layout is just BEAUTIFUL Liz!great job with all the details,I LOVE the pom pom trim and colors GORGEOUS!!!!:)

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!