Tuesday, November 4, 2014

MCT Stamp/Die of the Month ~ Happy Thoughts!



Hello!  Today we are featuring another "My Favorite Stamp of the month!" at My Creative Time!  This month we are featuring "Main Street" Stamp set.  If you have been waiting to get this set, you can do so now HERE at a sale price! Yep, this set will be on sale for the entire month of November! The sale will end on November 30, 2014 @ 12:00am PST!   How exciting is that!!

For my card I wanted to do a watercolor effect.  I love that you can get this effect with using Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  Just so easy!!!


This card is what I call a second generation stamp,  I know you're probably wondering what that means.  :)  I first inked my stamp, sprayed with water then stamped on watercolor paper.  Then I stamped again on another sheet of water color paper. 


The card below is a first generation stamp.  Can you see the difference?  It's much brighter that the upper card.  :)  I prefer the upper card's look, however I don't like to waste so I usually will make two cards.  


recipe:
My Creative Time


Extras
Papertrey Ink Card Stock
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Wink of Stella


8 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG Miss Liz what an outstanding job you did with your stamping WOW!
Your building turned out amazing and definitely look like an abstract watercolor gosh this blew me away.
You totally did an outstanding creative job!! Great job explaining what you did and how you did it. YOU ROCK!!

snappy scrappy said...

Both are GORGEOUS...I love the fluid look of the gen 2 card!!

katieo said...

I love your bright street scene card. I'll have to try the second generation stamp idea. A great way to stock up on cards. It seems like I always get all of my supplies out to make one card. Definitely hve to get this set.

My Creative Time said...

WHat a GREAT idea to make 2 cards so you don't have to waste!!! YOur card turned out FABULOUS Miss Liz!!!
Hugs,
Emma ;)

quilt4fun2 said...

Thanks for explaining and showing your stamping technique...always good to get 2 for one inking! Your bright buildings are beautiful. Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Crafting Katie said...

This is gorgeous, Liz! I love the softer look of the second generation too!

Kim H said...

Liz ~ LOVE them both for!! LOVE the brightness on the first generation and the more subtle look on the second! See I learned something new today! Seriously though ~ BEAUTIFUL creations!!!

jessica said...

LOVING this card! The watercolor looks AWESOME!!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!