Wednesday, September 10, 2014

PKS Change Up Your Stamps ~ Need a hug?


Hi crafty friends!  
Today I've taken over the Peachy Keen Blog with a tutorial!  Now before I start I want you to know that I'm not an expert in Copics or stamping.  However I recently took a stamping class that helped me to look at my stamp collection differently!  To really be creative with them.  

Also in the class I realized that I've become partial to one layer cards, or with just a bit popped up.  Rest assured, if you've been following for any length of time then you know that I LOVE a layered card, I will continue to make them! :)


Oh, and the inside sentiment is too funny!  Kathy's humor cracks my up!



The Supplies!


I first used VersaMark and Glitter Black embossing powder to create the outline of Mr. Cranky.


Then heat set it.


Next I used black memento ink for the face.


 Once everything had cooled, I used copic markers to color him.


After I completed the coloring, I fussy cut Mr. Cranky.


Of course I needed him to come alive, so I added some glossy accents to his one eye..."He's Alive"!  :)  Set aside to let him dry!

  

For the background I wanted the look of different pattern paper yet only use one layer.  So I taped off the area that I didn't want to be stamped.


Then I inked the edges of the stamp.


Next I carefully removed the tape and stamped my card base.  This card is folded in half.


As you can see it's a bit askew, but I'll fix that shortly.


With another pattern stamp, I did the same thing with the tape.


Again I inked it up.


Removed the tape and stamped the image.


You can see that there a bit of a gap between the images.  Now I'm going to fix it being crooked and the gap


.I taped off so the part that was crooked and missing is now straight.  I'm using a wide painters tape and didn't want to waste to much so I tore it in half lengthwise and used the straight edge to create the space to be embossed.  I'm all about using what you have.  :)


You can see where I added the silver tinsel embossing powder.


After I embossed a few purple bats, I added some pop dots to Mr. Cranky!


Isn't he FUN!


recipe
Peachy Keen Stamps

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Xpress It Blending Cardstock
Copic Markers
Embossing Powders, silver tinsel, purple
VersaMark ink
Glossy Accents

pop dots
painters tape

Like I said, I'm not an expert at either copic markers or stamping, however I hope this gives you the courage to be creative and try something you haven't done before...whether this or something else!

Have a beautifully creative day!

4 comments:

Crafting Katie said...

Wow! A lot of work went in to this card, but the effort was worth it! Super cool!

snappy scrappy said...

Too darn cute, love that background!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

What a fun tutorial. The silver tinsel embossing is so pretty...don't think I have seen that product before. Mr. Cranky looks great with the cool stamped background and bats. Super job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so awesome!! I love how you did the background!! Hugs!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!