Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Guest Designer: Sukie!

Hello everyone, this is Sukie from Scrappin Dhilly and I am honored to be a guest designer for Liz from Liz's Paper Loft during her time of recovery from her surgery.  Liz is a fabulous designer and has had amazing guest designers over the last few weeks.  I am hoping I can live up to the standard set by Liz and her guest designers. Please remember to leave her some bloggy love and happy thoughts as she recovers.  If you are a regular visitor of my blog, you know that I love creating layouts to memorialize anything and everything.  I decided to create this two page 12x12 layout for my project today.
For this layout I used three different cartridges.  The stack of money and the poker chips were cut from the Father's Day seasonal cartridge at 4.0 inches.  I used Indie Art for the suits cut at 2.5 inches and the tag cut at 4.0 inches.  Black Letter was used for the title which was cut at 2.0 inches.
The die cuts were all popped up on foam dots for added dimension against the patterned background.  I also used my white gel pen to add some doodling to the die cuts and the photo mats.
I created this fun tag using the Game Night stamp set from My Creative Time which just happens to be Emma's favorite stamp of the month.  I stamped the sentiment on the tag in black ink.  Next, I stamped the cards separately in red ink and cut them out and added them to the tag.  I finished off the tag by using some coordinating twine.
I would like to thank Liz for inviting me to be a guest designer and all of you for visiting and supporting my blog.  
Liz has some exciting news to share with you, but not quite yet. However, in the meantime, while she's recovering, she is reading every comment!  Not only is she reading them, she's counting them, because at the end of all this, she will have two announcements!  The first will be a winner of some exciting BLOG CANDY!  The second, it's a big one...and no, she's not coming out with stamps...you just have to wait and see!

Didn't Sukie do a FABULOUS layout!  Thank you Sukie so much for being my guest designer!

Enjoy!

20 comments:

bonnie said...

Fabulous layout sweetie! ;) Hugs x

jessica said...

This is such a great LO!! Love all the cuts! Thanks for sharing!
Jessica

Josie0602 said...

I love this layout!! Those cut images are just fabulous!!

Tracy
http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

Sukie said...

Thanks so much for having me as a guest designer!

Shelly said...

What a fun layout! Great cuts and colors!
Shelly

Glora said...

Terrific LO. And I'm so glad to see you guest design for Liz. Hugs- Glora

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a fun fun layout... you did an awesome job on it.

Rose said...

good grief this is too FUN!!! :)

katieo said...

I love this layout.. I especially like the font you used. Liz, I am glad to hear your recovery is going well.

Diana said...

Great layout! The twine and white dots sure make it pop! TFS! Keep on getting better Liz!!

bdcampers@msn.com

Karenladd said...

So cute...love those little embellishments you made and the fun theme!!

Sue D said...

Fabulous layout Sukie--I like the bold colors.
Liz, I hope you are recovering nicely.

Rosie said...

Awesome layout!!!!!! My son would love this


Rosiemini@gmail.com
Www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

pj said...

This is such a fun and colorful layout. Definitely would fit in our scrapbook. Thanks for sharing Sukie. Get well quick Liz!

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome layouts!! Great cuts and color:) Liz, I hope your doing better each day...get well soon:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

Great layout! I love the theme!

Tracy
owlbecraftin.blogspot.com

Claire Spielman said...

FANTASTIC...you WIN!! I didn't know this cart had all those great poker images...must get it NOW!
Creative Wishes,
Claire S.
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Kim H said...

Sukie ~ OH my these layouts are just PERFECTION! I just love them! just when I think i don't need a cartridge someone creates something like this and I just can't resist! FABULOUS job! So great that you do layouts too ~ something i don't do enough of!
Hang in there Miss Liz ~ still thinking of you!

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Very cool layout!! Love that the background looks like a checker board!!
Kristan

kim.scrapper said...

What a great layout, love to see double layouts, tfs

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!