Friday, March 2, 2012

Guest Designer: Sandy!

Hi, i am sandy from ukiah, and i can't tell you how excited and honored i am that Liz has asked me to be one of her Guest Designers while she is recovering from her shoulder surgery.  i wasn't too nervous till i looked at the list of talented ladies that will be filling in for Liz the next few weeks.  The first two weeks after her recovery will be pretty painful, so i  hope you will join me in praying for Liz.  Ok i am taking a DEEP breath, here i go:  
i am going to be sharing a card that i made for Brent's 25th birthday.  i designed it on my gypsy, i hardly ever make anything without using my gypsy... even when i scraplift from all you talented designers out there. BUT i actually did design this all on my own, but it was pretty simple.  Brent is a golfer and this was just perfect for him.   i decided to make a shape card:
card recipe:
i cut two of the golf carts out of black cardstock  at 7.89" x 11.26" using the All Sports cartridge(click on the icon button to find the golf cart)  and welded them together at the top. then i did the layers in white i cut the hub caps out in silver and did a little faxing in the middle of them. You can't have a golf cart with out a set of golf cubs so i cut out 2 golf bags at 1.88" x 4.50" from the  Paper Dolls for Everyday (using the Shift Accessories 1), i cut off the clubs from one bag and then glued both pieces together and faxed a little on the bag and the clubs.   then i put the golf bag in the back of the golf cart with a wobble And of course you have to have a little guy with the golf cart, so i used Paper Dolls again to make the little guy and his clothes.  i made my little guy 3.22" x 4.50" Brent likes purple so i made his hat purple and his pants out of a checkered purple to match his hat.. Brent likes everything to match.  i used stickles for  the buttons (there's those little extra details) and gave him black shoes. if you look closely you will see i put some little gems in his ears for his ear rings... (he wanted to pierce his ears when he was 16 and i said "ABSOLUTELY NOT", well i think when he was about 22, Everett said he could.. )  and of course i used the PK - 490 Everday character face assortment for his little face..  Miss Emma's  showed me how to add the little white to their eyes at one of her classes.  Now Brent is ready to be put on the golf cart, i attached him with a wobble...  then i added Happy Birthday from Miss Emma's Many Greeting Stamp set and Brent was a stamp set from Close to my heart.  AND the finally step was using Tim Holtz little stapler to attach the $50.00 inside the golf card. I hope you enjoyed Brent's birthday card as much as he enjoyed getting the $50.00.. and i hope that i have inspired you in some small way to be creative. 

 Also, Liz has some exciting news to share with you, but not quite yet. However, in the meantime, while she's recovering, she is reading every comment! Not only is she reading them, she's counting them, because at the end of all this, she will have two announcements! The first will be a winner of some exciting BLOG CANDY! The second, it's a big one...and no, she's not coming out with stamps...you just have to wait and see!

Thanks Sandy for your FABULOUS card and help during my recovery!

Enjoy!

17 comments:

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Liz, I hope that everything went well with your surgery. Thank you for taking the time to find guest to host your blog while your recovering. Awesome card from your guest designer today.

Crafting Katie said...

Eeek, Sandy, this is SO ADORABLE!!! All of the details are just perfect! I love the golfer's little plaid purple shorts! Great work!

Hope you are feeling better today, Liz!!!

Glora said...

Liz, I hope you are recovering well sweet girl! And Sandy you did a FANTASTIC job guest designing! I LOVE this! It turned out absolutely PERFECT!!!! I'm certain he loved the card & birthday money. Hugs- Glora

Rose said...

WTG Sandy!!! you ROCKED this card girlfriend :)

Liz i pray your surgery went well and your recovery will be smooth.

*now you make sure to do all the dr. says, like a good girl :)
how fun to have GD's step in for you!!!

Tanya said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Liz! Wow, Sandy, your little golfer guy is just too cute! I like that we wobbles....I love putting wobbles on my cards (it's so entertaining) LOL! Anyway, thanks for sharing such a super cute card! And, Happy Birthday Brent!
Tanya T.

jen said...

What an adorable card....I just love it. Thanks for sharing it with us! :)
hugs,jen

Sukie said...

Beautiful card, the golfer is adorable! Wishing a speedy recovery for you Liz, take care!

Claire Spielman said...

Adorable card and a great shape!! Well done, now you need to make a get well card for Liz! Lucky Liz, she has someone who's SHOULDER she can lean on!
Creative wishes,
Claire
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card Sandy! Liz, I hope you have a speedy recovery!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Kim H said...

Sandy ~ What an INCREDIBLE card! I LOVE how CUTE this turned out! What a great idea tp pu the money rolled up in there! Great Guest design post!

Liz ~ I hope this finds you feeling a little better and NO pain! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Maria said...

Oh my goodness, this is soooo cute!!! TFS

Regina said...

This is great timing. I need to make a card for my son-in-law. He loves to golf and this is a perfect idea. Thanks for sharing. Regina

katieo said...

What a fun card for a golfer, there are so many cute details. Liz I hope your recovery is going well. Can't wait to find out what your announcement is.

Sue D said...

Great card--perfect for a golfer. I like all the special details including the ear rings!

Sherrie K. said...

Sandy, you did a fabulous job on your shaped card!! I just love the cart and your golfer boy:) So cute!
Liz, we are all praying that you have a speedy recovery! Take care:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

KnT Designs by Teresa said...

I definitely am going to have to make one of these for my golfing co-worker guys! Thanks so much for the idea...it also will look great on my bulletin board.

Karenladd said...

What an adorable little project! Wow, Liz must be feeling so loved to have this amazing roster of guest bloggers!! Hoping her recovery is smooth sailing!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!