Friday, March 23, 2012

My Guest Designer: Sherrie!

Good Morning!  My name is Sherrie from Sherrie Scraps with Passion.  and I am so excited to be a guest designer on Liz's blog today while she is recovering from her surgery. Thanks so much Liz for having me! I am so thrilled and honored. Wishing you a speedy recovery:) Here is a card that I made using the Elegant Edges cartridge for the base of the card. I welded the two shapes using my gypsy at 5.48 x 8.60. The base layer is cut at 5.13 x 4.19. I then added a layer under the scallop which I used a Martha Stewart lacy punch for the border for some dimension along with distressing it with Tim Holtz-walnut stain. The scallops are from Spellbinders Nestibilities-Lacey Circles again distressed with Tim Holtz-walnut stain. 


I then cut these fun flowers from the Flower Shoppe cartridge at 2 3/4 and the leaves at 1 1/2 and pop dotted them for more dimension. I added a fun sentiment that is from K.Andrew Designs ~Scripture Sayings. I added a fun satin bow to finish the card up.
Thanks for stopping by!

Also, Liz has some exciting news to share with you, but not quiet yet. However, in the meantime, while she's recovering, she is reading every comment. Not only is she reading them, she's counting them, because at the end of all this, she will have two announcements!! The first will be a winner of some exciting BLOG CANDY! The second, it's a big one..and no, she's not coming out with stamps...you just have to wait and see!!
Now, be sure to leave Liz some fun comments to keep her busy as she recovers.

Thanks again Liz for letting me participate as a Guest Designer on your blog today!!
Hugs! Sherrie

Thank you Sherrie for being my Guest Designer, your card is just BEAUTIFUL!

Enjoy!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is gorgeous. I love the shape of it. I've never seen that paper before, really pretty.

Regina said...

Very pretty card. I really love the colors. Get well soon Liz. Regina

jessica said...

Beautiful job Sherrie!! Love the shape and love all those flowers!!
Hope your doing well Liz~
Have a GREAT weekend!

Houses Built of Cards said...

So pretty! LOVE the flowers and those colors together! So yummy!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Kim H said...

Sherrie ~ WOW! this is just GORGEOUS! I LOVE how you used so many diferent cartridges for one card! So nice when we can and make everything flow so BEAUTIFULLY! I love the ribbon and bow!

Liz I hope you are feeling MUCH better! We miss you!

Michelle said...

this is so beautiful !!! love the flowers and the cute little heart buttons very gorgeous !!!

www.scrappinwithmybug.com

hope you feel better Liz !!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a beautiful card. I love to be able to use several cartridges on a card or layout. You did a wonderful job on this, love the paper.I hope you are feeling better Liz...

Rose said...

stunning!!! i love the flowers :)

Liz i hope you are following dr's orders and will be back with us soon. :)

Sue D said...

Very cheery card--I like the shape, paper and the flowers.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Bhawana said...

I love the brightness and cheery look of the card. Do take care of yourself.

Dawn, RI said...

Beautiful card. Love the color. And the shape of it. Take care of that shoulder and be creative in fiñdind things to do.
Dawn RI
abosoffit@hotmail.com

Shelly said...

So beautiful Sherrie!! Just gorgeous!
Liz, I hope you are feeling better and better!
Shelly

scrappin2babygirls said...

great card Sherrie feel better Liz. :)
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

quilt4fun2 said...

Great job on your card! I like the heart buttons and flowers.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Glora said...

WOW, what a beautiful card!!!! Those flowers are so beautiful and I love the way you did the ribbon. Terrific job! Hugs- Glora

kim.scrapper said...

Very cute card, I think I might have to add both of these cartridges to my wish list, tfs

Suzanne said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card Sherrie! Love the color and details. Very cheerful...it will definitely brighten anyone's day :) Thank you for sharing

Suzanne
suzwatanabe@yahoo.com

Karenladd said...

So fun reading your guest post Sherrie, since I also follow your blog as well! This card is gorgeous, I love the rich deep colors and the awesome die cut!

Bella Scrapbook Designs said...

Sherries card is lovely. The roses are my favorite.
Liz i wish you a super speedy recovery :)

CraftyJAR said...

Lovely card Sherrie. I love all the pretty flowers and the bright cheery colors.
Judy
craftyjar@gmail.com

Sukie said...

Such a beautiful card with amazing colors! I also love the lacy punch you used, very nice!

Josie0602 said...

Your card is so pretty and those flowers on it are just awesome!

Tracy
http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!