Friday, March 9, 2012

Guest Designer: Kim!

Good Morning! My name is Kim from Scrapin Mom Of One Inspiring Little Boy . I was beyond thrilled and excited when Liz from Liz's Paper Loft asked me to Guest Design on her blog. I know I don't have to tell you all how creative, talented and sweet she is! We share a common love ~ houndstooth! Anyway ~ Liz is recovery from surgery. Please make sure you leave her some love and encouraging words to lift her spirits. I am sure they will brighten her day! So for my card today I wanted to use a color I generally don't work with! So I chose to use the color orange. My son LOVES this color and is always asking me to make something orange. So I thought to myself ~ why not! I made this card for a friend who has been under the weather lately and I hope this lifts her spirits! I just got the Flower Shoppe cartridge and have yet to really play with it. If you have been to my blog before ~ I LOVE flowers! I think they are so beautiful and fun to work with. Plus I really need Spring to come ...FAST! After I finished my card, I realized it has Halloween written all over it! But I have to say, I really like how this turned out despite that fact! LOL!  


Materials Used:
Cricut Cartridge ~ Flower Shoppe ~ cut @ 3 1/2
My Creative Time ~ Script Type Backgrounds ~ background and flowers
My Creative Time ~ Teeny Tag Greetings  w/ Teeny Tag Dies ~ dies and sentiments
 Paper ~ Paper Trey Ink and Recollections
Stampin Up and Stazon Ink
Ribbon ~ Paper Trey Ink

Liz has some exciting news to share with you, but not quite yet. However, in the meantime, while she's recovering, she is reading every comment! Not only is she reading them, she's counting them, because at the end of all this, she will have two announcements! The first will be a winner of some exciting BLOG CANDY! The second, it's a big one...and no, she's not coming out with stamps...you just have to wait and see!

Thanks, Kim, for your FABULOUS card and help during my recovery!

Enjoy!


25 comments:

Josie0602 said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the layers and that background stamp looks great on the petals!
Tracy
http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

Josie0602 said...

Get well soon Liz!!!

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card!

Crafting Katie said...

Such a gorgeous card! This would be perfect for a friend of mine who loves the SF Giants. It's so pretty AND it's in her Giants' colors!!!

Houses Built of Cards said...

So pretty! My youngest daughter's favorite color is orange too - and I really don't use it too much! Great way to challenge yourself!

And Liz - hope your recovery is going super well!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I hope you r feeling better today Liz, you r in my prayers.
Super cute card Kim
Hugs from ukiah

Regina said...

Ok, even though it is in Halloween colors, it is a very pretty card and one to remember for the Fall.
Wishes for a speedy recovery are coming your way Liz. Regina
regina95370@sbcglobal.net

Glora said...

This is JUST so gorgeous!!!!! I love that you used ORANGE. I rarely do, but it can be so eye catching! AMAZING job! Hugs- Glora

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card!! I just love the colors and your GORGEOUS flower:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...

FABULOUS card Kim! Love the orange....it's beautiful and vibrant! ...my sons favorite color too :)
Wishing you a speedy recovery Liz :)

Suzanne
suzwatanabe@yahoo.com

Sue D said...

Great card using orange--a color I don't use often enough.
Hope you recover quickly Liz!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

lindagk23 said...

Beautiful card Kim! I love the colors! And the flower is so adorable!
Liz, I hope you start feeling better soon! Have a wonderful weekend!
lindagk23

Rose said...

i am loving that flower!!! fab card :)

Sukie said...

Very sweet card, the big ole flower! It is just gorgeous, fun color combo too! Hope all is well with your recovery Liz!

Unknown said...

Wow this is so different and I love the design!!!! Very creative and gorgeous too!!!!! Wow!!!!

Liz O. said...

Love the colors Kim, this is a gorgeous card. TFS.
Have a great day!
Liz
unikebyyes {at} yahoo {dot} com

Liz O. said...

Get well soon Liz!

Liz

Kate said...

This is a very beautiful card. Love the colors.

Liz, I hope your on the mend and not feeling too much pain.

Hugs,
Kate

KnT Designs by Teresa said...

Love this card. Your colors work very well together and the script background stamp is great.

Tracy said...

This is so pretty! I love the black and orange together!

Karenladd said...

What a fun card! I've been loving orange myself lately so really like this! I'm guessing that Liz got accepted to a design team..and that's what she's going to announce...but I guess we'll just have to wait. Hoping you're healing with no problems Liz!

quilt4fun2 said...

Black and Orange not just for Halloween! I love how your card turned out...very happy card!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

kim.scrapper said...

What a fun card, love the orange Kim. I hope your feeling better and better daily Liz

scrappin2babygirls said...

This card is soooo pretty and i love these colors together..
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Josie0602 said...

Very pretty card!!

Tracy
http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!