Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Guest Designer: Cathie!

Hi!  This is Cathie, from Cathie's Scrap Cafe.  I am so excited to have been selected to be one of Liz's 
guest  designers while she recoups.
Since its so close to St.Patrick's Day, 
I thought my project would be about that day.
All you need for this project is 
5 pieces of wood small but and size of shape you would like
Mine are all 2 inches wide but the lengths vary.
Assorted papers (i used scraps from other projects)
mod podge
scissors
embellishments 
paint
just the blocks cut from a 2 x 2 board
assorted paper scraps
other supplies
the blocks painted 3 different colors
adding the mod podge 
adding the paper for each block
its all you choice which paper to use
i tried to use a darker paper with the lighter paints
(i also didn't paint the backs or bottoms)
I was to lazy...lol
all papers on and 2 layers of mod podge later
 cute the letter on my Cricut Expression 2 at 2.25 inched
used the font already on the machine
mod podged the letters on
2 layers of mod podge later and drying 
this could be all you do and its done
but i say more is better so
i added embellishment to each block
ribbon and lucky coins to the "L"
a button to the "U"
a cupcake pick to the "C"
another button on the "K" 
and a Bottle of drink to the "Y"
I want to thank Liz for having me and for all of you to visit my blog
and 
" may the road rise up to meet you"
Cathie

 Also, Liz has some exciting news to share with you, but not quite yet. However, in the meantime, while she's recovering, she is reading every comment! Not only is she reading them, she's counting them, because at the end of all this, she will have two announcements! The first will be a winner of some exciting BLOG CANDY! The second, it's a big one...and no, she's not coming out with stamps...you just have to wait and see!

Thanks Cathie for your FABULOUS project and help during my recovery!

Enjoy!

27 comments:

Crafting Katie said...

What gorgeous home decor! Love it, Cathie!!!

Morgan said...

What a cute, fun project! ^_^

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a fun project

Regina said...

Fun project. Would go great with the Leprechaun and shamrocks I made. Will have to give it a whirl! Regina

Glora said...

HOW awesome is this? I would love to make something like this. Thanks for the step by step instructions! Hugs- Glora

Rose said...

super FUN!!! :)

~ Creating a Crafty Life ~ said...

I'm loving your project Cathie!! What a fun idea and it's so Cute!

Anonymous said...

Super cute!

Sukie said...

Great project, thanks for the tutorial on how to make this fun project!

Pammejo said...

Great project. I know I love to work with wood, wish I did it more often, thanks for inspiring. http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/

Cassandra said...

Wow..what a lot of work! Great job! Such a cute project :)

buglvr2010 said...

Awesome project! Can't wait to read Liz's surprise!

Sherrie K. said...

Great job on your project Cathie!! Your little blocks are adorable and so FUN. Will have to try this-cute project!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Cathie w said...

Thank you ladies for your awesome comments and Liz that you for the chance to be your guest designer .It was so much fun

xoxoxo

Cathie

Claudia said...

I love the little blocks, such fun. Liz feel better soon.
claudiamatzke at hotmail dot com

Maria said...

This is such a fun project!!! TFS

Kim H said...

What a CUTE and CLEVER idea! Nothing like using what you have and making it work. You sure did make it work too! Fun home decor idea!

Kate said...

Very Cute. Love this idea.

Hugs,
Kate

Ester said...

Wow! What an awesome idea. I have some wood blocks from SU that's I wil put to good use. Liz, I hope you're in a speedy recovery.


esterperez73 at yahoo dot com

Sue D said...

Great St Patrick's day decor and great way to use scraps. I like all the embellishments.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

KnT Designs by Teresa said...

WOW! Absolutely fabulous. Great job.

Tracy said...

This is such a cool idea! I might have to try it myself!

Karenladd said...

Awesome little St. Paddy's day project! Adorable!

quilt4fun2 said...

Super project...I love it. Great Job!
Heal quickly Liz!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

kim.scrapper said...

What a cute project and this could be changed up for any occasion, tfs

scrappin2babygirls said...

such cute blogs.. i love that they're all different sizes.
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Josie0602 said...

I keep saying that I am going to try this and I still havent! Love love love the blocks!!

Tracy
http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!