Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Guest Designer: Jen!

Hi, my name is Jen from Simply Chic Design by jen. How exciting to be a guest designer on Liz's blog today while she is recovering from her surgery.  Wishing you a speedy recovery Liz :) Here is a fun little card I made using Emma's stamp set from My Creative Time (Color Me Happy) and stamp from Penny Black. I love to create with stamps more than anything....:)










To make this card I used Emma's from My Creative Time tag die on the inside. I also used pattern paper from Lost & Found My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pack. Also recollection pearls from Michael's Craft Store. I cut a piece of pattern paper and made her dress. I then used my copic markers to color her in. The white card stock is PTI paper. I hope you liked her because I sure did have fun making this card. :) 


Also, Liz has some exciting news to share with you, but not quite yet. However, in the meantime, while she's recovering, she is reading every comment! Not only is she reading them, she's counting them, because at the end of all this, she will have two announcements! The first will be a winner of some exciting BLOG CANDY! The second, it's a big one...and no, she's not coming out with stamps...you just have to wait and see! Thanks for stopping by! :)



Thanks, Jen, for your FABULOUS project and help during my recovery!

Enjoy!

22 comments:

Nicole Wright Designs said...

Jen, this is so pretty! Love the stripes and embellishment:)

Crafting Katie said...

Gorgeous card, Jen! Such a sweet stamp, and you paired it with the perfect colors and sentiment!

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is so pretty! LOVE the color combo!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Such a Pretty Card Jen. Hope your feeling better Liz.

Hugs,
Kate

jen said...

Hope your feeling better real soon Liz... Wish my pictures would have come out better..I just can't seem to figure out my light house. I think my lights are to small. Maybe someone will have some advice for me.:)
Hugs,jen

Regina said...

Sweet card! Love the soft colors. Feel better Liz. Regina

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a pretty card, I love the soft colors you used.

Rose said...

this is so sweet!! :)

Glora said...

Oh Jen, this card is just TOO sweet!!!! I love it so much!!!! Hugs- Glora

Kim H said...

Jen ~ What an ADORABLE card! I LOVE it! The colors are so subtle and pretty! Your coloring is just GORGEOUS! I am starting to like stamping more and more too! I think the pictures turned out PERFECT! Great job as guest DT!
Liz ~ wishing you well again today!

Unknown said...

I adore this image. Great card!

Colin

Sukie said...

Super cute card, the colors are gorgeous and sentiments are perfect!

Sue D said...

Very sweet image and card. I like the pearls.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Lydia Madara said...

I am relatively new to your site and am really enjoying it:) Loved this card, it is so sweet, and the colors and stamp complement each other. Love the pearls too! Be well. Lydia Madara

Sherrie K. said...

Great card Jen!!! Super sweet image and love the colors!! Love the pearls:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Doris P. said...

liz - hope you get a quick recovery!! can't wait to hear some exciting news and JEN.... ADORABLE card - love the softness of her! the pearls are awesome! - parkernana5@cox.net
http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

Josie0602 said...

Looking forward to seeing your announcement Liz....hope you are well soon!

Adorable card!

Tracy
http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

KnT Designs by Teresa said...

Adorable. I love that whimsical stamp! Colors are great.

Karenladd said...

I'm an email subscriber of Liz's so have been seeing all the guest designers but am going back through the old posts to see when Liz had her surgery and just had to comment on this adorable card. That little girl is so darn cute!! Love the little pink stripes and the bling!

quilt4fun2 said...

You made such a sweet happy card...the pearls were perfect.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

kim.scrapper said...

What an adorable card, I really love this image and also your choice of color combo, awesome!

scrappin2babygirls said...

cute card! the pearls are a really nice touch. tfs.
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!