Sunday, May 23, 2010

Just Because...I had to have it!

Hi!

Ok, so this is what happened...I'm minding my own business and I get a call from my friend.  She's in the parking lot of JoAnn's and says "I just got "Just Because" and "Give a Hoot" carts...they're on sale!".  (this is where I went wrong)  I said "oh I wish I would have known, I would've had you bring me one home".  Being the good BFF she says "no problem I'll go back in and call you back so I can tell what is left".  So here the real problem...I got "stage fright", she's telling me what's left...I manage to say "I'll take "Just Because", which is the one she just bought and I really want Give a Hoot, but she got that one also...see she lives across the street, so it wouldn't be prudent to get duplicates...and then I said " and Songbird".  Songbird?  What was I thinking...maybe Serenade?  Out of all the carts available...and I pick Songbird!  It's a nice enough cart, but I really didn't need another font cart.

Well here is a card I made with Just Because for a 3 year old that had his appendix removed last night.


Recipe: 
Just Because Cartridge : whale, circle and saying
Life's a Beach: sand dollars, wave
Paper: Bazzill, Bo Bunny
Stickles

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Banner Market said...

Oh no, you broke down...lol...just had to get more carts huh?! lol I know how it is and its hard to say NO! I stayed away from there today cause they said they were having a sale and they were 60% off, what a savings but the Michaels by us carries very old carts, thank goodness! or else Id be in trouble, lol! Sorry you got the wrong one, but Im sure youll do amazing things with it when needed. Your card is just to stinkin cute too! Love the papers you used, it really brings it out and gives it such a wonderful look. How nice too that you have a BFF right across the street that you can share carts with :) I wish my freinds were into this, not one of them are :( Thants why Im so greatful for making all the friends I have on my blog :) Its great to be able to talk to someone that knows what your talking about when you say Cricut LOL!
Have a wonderful week Liz!

Marlene said...

Heehee....my friend and I each have quite a few cartridges, and yes, we even buy the same ones, though we could easily share. Have fun creating! Love the whale. :)

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Such a cute card!

Shelley said...

I am going to check out my Michaels today and see what they have too...but, they usually have older ones so I might not get too tempted. How fun to have a crafting friend right across the state. Unfortunately, my BBF lives in Arizona so we aren't able to share any fun stuff like that.

Anonymous said...

Oh what a super adorable card! I've been thinking about that cart, just not sure.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll do amazing things with Songbird - there are soo many carts; it's hard to choose sometimes. I am challenging myself to RESIST buying any new carts and paper until my b-day in August. This could be really hard - my husband cracked up when I told him. I love your card - the colors are beautiful. It's pretty enough to frame!

Pauline said...

I have no doubt that you'll do some amazing projects with your Songbird cart , your cards are always beautiful. I love this get well card the colours are so lovely and the whale is so cute . Have a great week Liz !

Savahanna said...

What a cute card. It is so adorable.

kim.mom said...

This is an ADORABLE card! I busy so many carts just because I find them on sale!!! If it is on sale then I don't have much restraint...if not, I can easily hold off.

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!