Thursday, July 5, 2012

Welcome Sweet Baby!~ Card

Hi Paper Lovers! 
Hope you enjoyed 4th of July and that it was fun and safe!  Mine was perfect, the way I wanted it, just wish it had been longer!  Today I'm sharing with you a card I made for my Design Team Sister, Glora.  She and her husband welcomed a baby boy a couple of weeks ago!  I had to make sure she received it before I posted, I wanted her to be surprised.


Some of you have been asking how I attach my burlap.  It's really simple...just plain old glue stick.  Just make sure it's white.


It's hard to see, but I popped up the onesie, giraffe, and plane.



One of my cards wouldn't be complete without a bit of glitz, so I added some diamond stickles to the propeller.


My seam binding ribbon comes smooth, however I crinkled for this card.

recipe:
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
scallop square cut 4 at 1.56 x 1.49
tag cut at .67 x 1.78
Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge
square cut 4 at 1.28 x 1.24
Life's a Party Cricut Cartridge
onesie cut at 1.28 x 1.28 ~ layers to match
B is for Boy Cricut Cartridge
plane cut at 1.49 x 1.22 ~ layers to match
giraffe cut at 1.32 x 1.32 ~layers to match
paper: My Minds Eye, Papertrey Ink
button, ink, stickles

There is still time to win some blog candy!  Click HERE to enter!
Hopefully I will be back tomorrow with a fun home decor project...I'm having trouble uploading my video to youtube.  I've tried 4 times already :/

Enjoy!

17 comments:

jessica said...

OK Liz....This has got to be the CUTEST baby card EVER!!! I love all the burlap (thanks for the glue tip...I was using a hot glue gun with mine) and those cuts are just too adorable!!! I know Glora loved this!!!!
TFS and glad to hear you had a great 4th!!

snappy scrappy said...

Love this so much...the burlap is so perfect on there! Lee-Ann :)

L.B. said...

such a cute card. Love the burlap on back and all the little details.

Crafting Katie said...

Liz, this is just as sweet as can be! I just love it, and I bet Glora did too!

Linda said...

Yet another adorable creation from you! When are you going to let us see you create these lovely projects with a video?

jen said...

Liz this card came out so cute!! I'm sure Glora loved it!! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,jen

Kate said...

Love it. I'm sure Glora and family loved your card.

Hugs,
kate

Kim H said...

Liz ~ this is so GORGEOUS and ELEGANT looking! What a PERFECT way to celebrate the Beardall's new addition to their family! The inking and burlaps just looks AMAZING! Beautifully done and executed!

crazyaboutcricut said...

Wow Liz, this is awsome! The colors you used are so perfect and I love the layout. Thanks for the burlap tip too :O)

Glora said...

I'm SO lucky to get to look at this beautiful card in person each day. I LOVE it SO much!!!! It is the perfect touch of elegance and sweet baby. Thanks so much for thinking of us during this special time. Oh yes and thanks for the Burlap tip, I was really curious what worked best for it! Huge Hugs and Thanks again! - Glora

Saundra said...

This is such a pretty card, Liz! I love the soft colors and the glitter. Glora is one lucky gal! Hugs!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

So adorable Liz.. (and thanks for the sizes.. i always love to see the sizes.. you just never know, someday i may found time to scrap lift this darling card).. You are so creative my friend.. how lucky Glora is to receive an "original Liz card"... hugs

Cassandra said...

Liz..this is so sweet and beautiful! Glora will love it! I just love how you combined all of your products. And the colors and images are just wonderful :)

Sherrie K. said...

ADORABLE!!!!!! I absolutely love this:) You are so crative and I just love coming to check out your creations:) Very nice card and I am SURE Glora will love this!

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Cindy Beland said...

WOW Liz,GORGEOUS job with your sweet card for Glora!It is sooo BEAUTIFUL :)

bonnie said...

Oh gosh Liz...this is adorable! ;) Hugs x

Esther said...

Love this darling card, fab use of the burlap!!!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!