Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Masculine Card!

Hi Paper Lovers,

Happy Wednesday to you!  Do you ever have one of the those crafting days where your project doesn't seem to come together.  Well that's what happened to me.  I made this card for my dad's birthday next month, and I'm so glad that I made it early so I have time to fix it :)

The only reason I'm showing it to you, so you can see everyone has mess ups.  I really like the concept of the card, it's just became a mess!


I used a distressing tool on the background paper.  After I glued the ship together I added some silver liquid pearls.  That's when things started to go wrong.  I couldn't get them even and smeared some on the brown, so I tried to cover it with copics.  I think I can recut the brown to fix it.


Next problem...oops...I dropped the stamp!  I will be adding another piece of paper on the inside to cover it and restamp the sentiment.


recipe:
Pop Up Neighborhood Cricut Cartridge
label cut at 3.81 x 3.35
label cut at 4.21 x 3.71
Wrap It Up Cricut Cartridge
ship cut at 3.43x 2.57
Liz's Paper Loft Boutique ~ Metallic Hemp, 1 1/2 Silver Burlap
My Creative Time ~ Floral Sentiments
paper: Papertrey Ink, Basic Grey
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder ~ Moroccan
button, ink, liquid pearls

Enjoy!

10 comments:

jessica said...

I still think your card is fab! If you didn't point anything out...no one would notice!!!
TFS and Happy Wednesday :)

Crafting Katie said...

You are so funny! I would not even have noticed any of your mistakes! Awesome card! The ship looks really cool on the burlap, and I love the frame!

Marilyn said...

Wouldn't have notice it. That is the beauty of being homemade. I think people appreciate those more than store bought cards anyway. Great job!!

Kim H said...

Liz ~ Okay I LOVE your card and have no idea what the heck your talking about! I even zoomed in!! I think it turned out PERFECT! I LOVE the embossing folder you used and that burlap looks AMAZING on this card and so many other cards! I can so relate to the stamp thing! I have doen that a zillion times! UGH! GORGEOUS masculine card!!! You and I need to talk ~ hop over to my blog ~ tons of hot messes happening over there! LOL!

Scrapping Out Of Control said...

I love this Liz!!! It's beautiful!! I don't think you should cover it up!! There are no mistakes in paper crafting!! Hugs to you!

Nancy

Sandy from Ukiah said...

i am still trying to figure out where you messed it up... i can't see anything wrong with it... It's an awesome card... silly you, you didn't mess it up.. hugs

Jillian said...

What the heck are you talking about? That card is BEAUTIFUL!! You have some serious talent girl!

Suzanne said...

Hi Liz!
You're so cute :) ....I love how you designed your card! I think it looks AMAZING! But I totally understand what you're talking about when something on your project doesn't turn out how you expected it to. I'm a perfectionist....and there are times when I just don't like how I added a particular embellishment or something. Someone else probably might not even notice it but because I know it's there, I end up redoing it. I think your dad will love your card just the way it is...I don't think it looks bad at all...everything your create always looks so BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful day! :)

Suzanne
suzwatanabe@yahoo.com

Cassandra said...

Oh...I absolutely HATE it when I drop the stamp!!! I totally know what you mean. But honestly...I think your card is just GREAT!!!!

Sherrie K. said...

Liz, this is fantastic!! I do not see any need for fix up silly! This is great but I do hate that when I drop my stamp too...
you always do such a fabulous job:) TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!