Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Forks and Spoons ~ Home Decor!

Hi Everyone!  Can you believe we are about half way through the summer?  It's just flying by for me!  I hope you're enjoying your long summer days!

Yesterday I mentioned that I've been getting some things done around my house.  Not all the projects have been fix it, some have been just for fun.  Like today's project...this is a fun project that I saw on Pinterest.  I'm totally addicted to Pinterest!

This is what I had in my kitchen before my new cute project...

These were cute, but a bit too country for me now.  I'm saving the frames for another project for later.  :)


I picked up some $3 frames at Walmart


I had some odd and ends of forks and spoons that belonged to my husband's grandmother.  I sprayed them with a white satin spray paint.


 I sprayed the frames with the same paint.  Once everything was dry, I lightly stained the frame and the silverware.  Then I covered the glass from the frames with burlap. (imagine that, me using burlap! lol!)  Next I glued the silverware randomly onto the burlap.  And voila a cute home decor project!


Have a beautiful day!

Enjoy!

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love it...what a fun idea!!

jessica said...

What an AWESOME idea Liz!! what a way to recycle and it totally changes the way the space looks!! FAB job!!!

jen said...

Super cute idea! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,jen

Kim H said...

Liz ~ This si just a FABULOUS idea!!!! So COOL! I LOVE how you used stuff on hand or for a very low cost! Imagine you using burlap ~ hehehe ~ but it looks AMAZING with the white!!! GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing! Okay now come make me some!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Cute cute cute...hugs

crazyaboutcricut said...

This is so brilliant! Love this, and totally scrap-lifting this one :O)

Sherrie K. said...

Cool idea! You are so creative...love how you always think outside the box:) TFS!
Sherrie K
http:/sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Dana said...

I can't believe what a different look it made.
http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Cindy Beland said...

This is such a great project and AWESOME idea!SUPER job Liz,I LOVE IT!!!:)

Cassandra said...

How fun! Hope you are having fun during your summer! Great project :)

Crafting Katie said...

Liz, this is SO AWESOME! I showed it to my sister, and we both think it's the coolest idea! Love your creative home decor ideas!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!