Friday, July 13, 2012

My Creative Time Guest Designer~Friday Tip of the Day

Hi Paper Lovers!  I'm thrilled to pieces to be a Guest Designer for My Creative Time again.  Especially since now that we know Emma's son Aaron is on the mend and getting stronger everyday!

Since Emma usually has her Friday Tip of the Day, I'm going to give a little tip.  For today's project I wanted to create a card using clear cardstock.  I have noticed that when trying to cut clear cardstock it doesn't alway cut all the way through.  Could be because my blade needs to be replaced.  But I have a simple fix, just cut it out twice, using multi cut function.  Now I know this seems like a no brainer, however, sometimes even those that are experienced forget the simple stuff!  :)

First thing I did was to fold in half thin white cardstock.  Then I placed the hot air balloon die so the fold of the paper was just below the top cut line.  Yes it will make the balloon flat on the top.  This cut was glued inside the card.  Then I stamped two balloons, one out of the blue and one out of the red.  After cutting both images out I paper pieced them together.
After inking the balloon, I used glitter for the center.  I glued the patteren paper balloon to the front of card directly over the white die cut.  I also cut 3 clouds out of the vellum and placed 2 clouds on the front of the card in front and behind the balloon.  And I also placed one on the inside of the card.


By placing the clouds on the front and on the inside, it creates alot of depth.


Creating the folded die cut allows for writing in the card!


Recipe:
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
stamp card cut the size of an A2 size card
My Creative Time ~ Fly Away With Me Stamp Set,
My Creative Time ~ Fly Away With Me Sentiments,
My Creative Time ~Fly Away With Me Dies
Paper: Papertrey Ink Vellum, Clear Cardstock, Graphic 45
ink, gliter, copic

Even though baby Aaron is getting stronger daily, please keep him and the whole family in your prayers!

Enjoy!

14 comments:

Got2BCrafting said...

Wow Liz... this card is sooo cool!! Thanks for the great tutorial. :)
Hugs,
Lori

jessica said...

I LOVE this Liz!! What a great card and thanks for the tip!!!

~amy~ said...

LOVE this! that clear cardbase is perfect! You should link up over at Paper Issues, the challenge is: I can see clearly now

http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2012/07/i-can-see-clearly.html

Crafting Katie said...

Love all of the details on how you did this! Great tutorial!!!

Kim H said...

Liz ~ BEAUTIFUL card and LOVED the tip!!!! Of course I LOVE the paper! I totally forgot to put in my comment over at Emma's blog ~ prayers are still heading their direction! SO happy that Aaron continues to get stronger and healthier everyday!

Glora said...

This is the best idea! I just love the tips and it turned out TERRIFIC! Hugs- Glora

quilt4fun2 said...

Clever job on your card to use the clear cardstock and vellum for the clouds...it does looks like the balloon is floating with the clouds. Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cindy Beland said...

That is such a great idea!thanks for the tip,
LOVE the look!!!Have a great weekend Liz :)

D- said...

What a great idea for a unique card! TFS!
I'm going to try this!
Where did you get clear cardstock?
dmcardmaker(@ aol dot com)
(email follower)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

I got the clear cardstock at Papertrey Ink. They have great prices!

Brenda Wooten Porter said...

love love love this card! great idea! I must try it some day. thanks

Ruth G said...

This is fabulous! I love the papers you chose for the balloon, the fact that you made the clouds out of vellum and the fact that you layered them all! TFS!!!

katieo said...

This card is great. I love how the balloon floats on the clear card

Scrapping Out Of Control said...

This card is awesome!! Love this idea! I need to try this!! hugs

Nancy

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!