Saturday, September 24, 2011

Family Rules "Subway" Sign

Oh I'm so happy it's Saturday!  I have a full day planned! Of what you ask?  Cleaning and crafting!  Next week I'm in a week long blog hop that I have to get ready for, plus someother projects!

Well, I have been wanting a European Subway Sign for a long time.  Then one day I saw a "Family Rules" sign in the same style on Pinterest (which I'm still not quite sure I understand) and just loved it!  Then last week or so on the Circle Blog, they had the same sign up along with their take on it.  I thought, that's it, I'm making one.  So YES, I completely "scraplifted" this entire project!  However, I did make a video to show exactly how to do it.  Now you can make your own "family rules" sign!

I did fail to mention in the video that I used my gypsy to create the whole layout on the 12 x 24 mat. 



recipe:
board
vinyl and transfer tape
black & ivory spray paint
Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge
Base Camp Cricut Cartridge
Birthday Bash Cricut Cartridge
Nate's ABC Cricut Cartridge


Enjoy!

15 comments:

Amy said...

This is so cool! Love it!!

Carrie K said...

Wow! I love this! I would hae never thought of doing it that way with the spray paint. I love how you showed the difficulties with the transfer tape! So now I know that it is not just me!!!

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Love this! Vinyl is so much fun!

Glora said...

Liz this is absolutely FABULOUS!!!!! I need one of these!!! Amazing job! Hugs- Glora

L.B. said...

Super fun and I love it.

Saundra said...

Liz, this is awesome!! I am going to have to play with some vinyl soon!

Hugs,
Saundra

katieo said...

Amazing. Now you have a little touch of Europe in your home. You picked great "rules" It was fun to hear you and watch you work on video Maybe I'll try vinyl again. Tried it once and it was a disaster

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I so want to scrap lift this... but you didn't give me the sizes of your letters.. :-( I need more info to scrap lift.. lol... where did you see it on the blog? I am just a pest... hugs from ukiah

Rachel said...

"slow down" should be on everybody's boards! I love how you fit everything together so effortlessly, it looks amazing! Your family must love it :)

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogger.com

Kerry T said...

Great job. I have been looking at these on Pinterest too and have been thinking about making one. I also bought the Word Collage cartridge.
Kerry

mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

flowerdisco said...

so cool and i love pinterest too. not too many hours a day to get amazed by it, lol. i mean it.

Crafting Katie said...

Liz, this is so impressive! Thank you so much for your video! I was so confused on how it was going from black letters on a white background to white letters on a black background. After watching the whole video, it all made sense. So clever, and what a fun sign to have for your home!!!

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Wow! This is amazing. I love this idea and your video was very helpful. TFS. :)

Esther said...

great job on the subway sign!!! Love it!

5689 said...

zzzzz2018.9.8
pandora charms
ugg boots
true religion jeans outlet
kate spade outlet
ugg outlet boots
golden goose
canada goose outlet
hugo boss
christian louboutin
clarks shoes

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!