Thursday, September 8, 2011

Color Challenge Time with EAD Designs!

Welcome to EAD Designs's Color Challenge!  This month we were asked to use Black, Orange and Purple!  Of course that means it's almost time for Halloween!


For this challenge I wanted to make a project that didn't require a lot of Cricut cuts.  Good thing because while trying to cut with my new Teresa Collins Chic and Scary cartridge, my Gypsy kept saying I had a security breach!  HUH?!  Who's been using my gyspsy without me?  hehehe  Well after four hours and 2 calls to my favorite place (Provo Craft, it really is!), it looks like my gypsy and Miss Collins aren't getting along!  So I'll have to call them again tomorrow to see about getting my cart replaced.  It cuts without the gypsy, and all my other carts cut fine with the gypsy!  I guess they're just not good together!  lol!

Well enough of my issssuuuuues, on to my project...


Recipe:
Teresa Collins Chic & Scary Cricut Cartridge
house cut at 4"
tree cut at 3.75"
Martha Stewart glow in the dark glitter
Colorbok and Creative Memories Paper
5x7 canvas board, grey paint, glossy accents

I first painted the canvas board, then used Glossy Accents all over for the glitter to adhere to.  I used MS glow in the dark glitter for the background. 

sorry it's burry, but I wanted to show the glow in the dark glitter




Click here to enter the challenge and don't forget to check out the other girls on the DT!


 


Enjoy!

15 comments:

Crafting Katie said...

What fun wall art! That is so sad about your Chic and Scary cartridge. I can't wait to see what you make with it when you finally get it!

Glora said...

Such an awesome scene! I love that glow in the dark glitter - SO COOL! So sorry to hear about the 'security breach.' I'm glad they are sending a new cartridge out to you! Hugs- Glora

Rachel said...

I'm like you, when my gypsy isn't behaving as it should I will spend the entire day fixing it instead of just putting the cart into the circut lol! Those stickers are pretty freakin adorable, I think my fave so far!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Well that's about the worst thing that could happen, Miss Gypsy not working... but your card turned out just too cute without her... hugs

Joanna said...

Soo fun! Love the spooky scene! :)

jen said...

I love Halloween and this is just adorable.... love that glitter too. tfs
hugs,jen

365 Days of Cricut said...

I love this!!

Nicole Wright Designs said...

You got Chic and Scray! I cannot find it in CANADA yet and I am beside myself. I don't even know if we are going to get it. UGH...

BTW love your halloween stuff too! I'm collecting papers, punches and hopefully C&S to play with.

~amy~ said...

awww....sooooo FUN!!!!

bonnie said...

Oh goodness these are so cute...gorgeous sweetie ;) Hugs x

Amy said...

the detail on this is just crazy amazing! Love it!

Anonymous said...

It does get frustrating when our technology won't coperate. My spelling is bad today. Love what you created.

Shelly said...

Adorable! Glow in the dark glitter! WOW, awesome!
Shelly
http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Awesome project! I love it!

Anonymous said...

This turned out super cute - I love the glow in the dark glitter. That's so frustrating that your Gypsy doesn't want to play nicely with your new cartridge. Mine has been telling me that it isn't updated properly and may or may not cut out images correctly...except I have updated it. ;)

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!