Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My first try with Design Studio

I know, I know...I should be trying the Gypsy, but sometimes I'm a late bloomer!  I thought about getting the Gypsy, when I first saw it last fall before it was released.  However, I don't alway use things I buy, so I thought I would try DS for alot less money.  I got it a couple of months ago, I kept playing with the program, but wasn't quite getting it.  So today I was determined to do something simply and get it cut.  I watched a couple of videos from http://capadiadesigns.blogspot.com/ . Wow! She explains it really simple!  So this is my 1st try a really simply card from Doodlecharms and Lyrical Letters carts. 



Strange thing...when I went to cut, the ice cream and layer that came from Doodlecharms and the "enjoy"  from Lyrical Letters.  The program only asked me for Lyrical Letters cart to be in the Cricut.  It never asked for Doodlecharms to be in, yet it still cut it.  I don't have a jukebox, either.  I didn't have time to make anything else with a cart I have and don't have mixed up to see if it would still cut.  Maybe next time.  Let me know if you know why this happened or if this is just the way it works.

Have a great rest of the day!



4 comments:

Banner Market said...

Oh this turned out so cute! Great job on your first try. Hope you share more soon.

Banner Market said...

Hi Liz, I was wondering how you did your "you also might like " rows. if its not to hard to figure out could you pls let me know.
thanks
raegina at gmail dot com

Nicole Wright Designs said...

This is really cute:)

Banner Market said...

WOW your site looks great, how did you do this, what did you use to get 3 colums? I am still learning and it comes slow LOL.
Fantastic look Liz!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!