Thursday, February 12, 2015

MCT Trending Now ~ birthday wishes!


Hello friends!  I'm sorry I haven't been around this week, just been busy with the everyday things of life.  Oh I had been working on some watercolor cards that I'll share soon.  :)

Over at My Creative Time it's Trending Now!  Today it's all about the BIG BOLD STRIPES, DOTS, and CHEVRONS!  They are so HOT right now and I LOVE THEM!!!  I really wanted my card to bright, bold, yet feminine.  


It's somewhat hard to see in the picture, but the yellow dots are much brighter in person.  The first thing I did was white heat emboss the flowers on watercolor paper.  Then I used distress ink to watercolor the flowers.  After they were dry I fussy cut them, added wink of stella and glossy accents.  I love adding the glossy accents to the petals and leaves to look like morning dew.

For the frame, stamped the bold black chevrons,  Now I wish I had made them closer together or added the dotted chevron in between.  Funny I was going back and forth of whether to add it or not, but was so afraid  I would mess it up, that I left it off.  No guts, no glory...lol!


My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink cardstock
White Emboss Powder
Memento Ink
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Glossy Accents
Wink of Stella
Baker's Twine
Clothes Pin

Look what's coming up next week!!!!!!




7 comments:

Joan Smith said...

I love your card it is so pretty and ahhhh makes me think of Spring....Love how you used Miss Emma's goodies and your inks....You really did an outstanding creative job!!
YOU ROCK!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Now I see the clothes pin! I love how the twine looks with the chevy and the embossing on the flowers before water coloring. I think the dots between the chevrons would have been cool...there is always next time! Beautiful job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous Liz!!!

Beckie Williams said...

Great Job! I think the card turned out adorable without the dotted chevrons!

Cindy Lovell said...

What a beautiful card,Liz!! I love the watercoloring on the pretty flowers and the black chevron!! Just beautiful!!!

Brigit Mann said...

What a pretty card, fantastic!!

Kim H said...

Oh Liz ~ this I simply STUNNING!! I LOVE the bold chevron , the flowers and oh my the water coloring!! Oh the no gut no glory comment ~ hahahaha ~ I am like you I would be afraid to mess this BEAUTIFUL card up!!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!