Thursday, February 5, 2015

MCT Designers Challenge ~ happy birthday!


Happy Thursday and welcome to My Creative Time's Designer Challenge!  This is a great challenge since you get to pick the challenge.  That's right you can choose to use the photo for inspiration, the colors, or the sketch.  Of you can use all three, totally your choice!


For my project I choose to use all three!  the colors were so fun and the party theme with a robot was just perfect for MCT's newest set Best Bots Forever Stamp Set!


On the background I used a stencil to lightly ink the bubbles then highlighted with Wink of Stella.  I had fun creating all the patterns on the paper with stamps...that's right I only used solids.  Also I didn't have the right shade of hemp, so I quickly colored my white hemp with a copic marker.  This was a new trick for me and wasn't sure it was going to work...but it did :)


My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Mementos Ink
Copic Markers
Hemp
Wink of Stella
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
White Gel Pen
Glossy Accents

So grab your paper, ink, and stamps...and join the fun at My Creative Time!  

7 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG Miss Liz Your card is definitely Adorable, FAB & Fun....but then I read your recipe and girl you blew me away reading you created your own pattern paper...WOW You really did one super outstanding creative job and I love the way you used Miss Emma's goodies.
YOU so ROCK!!

Marilyn said...

Cute!!

snappy scrappy said...

Too darn cute!!!

Kim H said...

Liz ~ Oh my this is just ADORABLE! LOVE the way you did your background and the way you did his little body too! I think these colors for this challenge are so fun and cheerful to work with!

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Darling card Liz! I love how you did the background. :)

Brigit Mann said...

Love this Liz, the colors are gorgeous!!

quilt4fun2 said...

I like the stamping to make your own pattern paper. Your robot is adorable. Beautiful job.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!