Wednesday, July 23, 2014

MCT Inspired Wednesday ~ Birdies!


Hi friends, I hope you're enjoying your summer!  We actually had a bit of rain yesterday.  Normally I wouldn't be happy for it in summer, but with our drought every drop helps!

 Today is Inspired Wednesday over at My Creative Time.  Inspired Wednesday is where we share you what inspires us :)  Today my inspiration is a room from Pottery Barn Kids.  Even though the room is for a little girl, I certainly wouldn't categorize this as a baby card.  Definitely feminine but for any age. :)



For the doily I wanted the texture without the holes, so I didn't punch them out.  You can only do this with a heavy cardstock like Papertrey Ink's.  I stamped the birds and the branch on the doily then stamped the birds again on scrap paper and cut out.  I used water color pencils to color everything.  

The two smaller tags are really the large chevy die.  I carefully hid them under the doily so they appear as a true die.


My Creative Time


Extras
Peachy Keen ~ Memento Ink
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Echo Park Pattern Paper
Faber Castell Watercolor Pencils
Hemp
Ribbon
Glossy Accents
Stickles
Button



Look what's happening next week!


7 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Oh my your card is so super sweet and precious. I do love the room you saw at Pottery Barn it definitely is one unbelievably gorgeous room. You so captured it perfectly. I love how you used all of Miss Emma goodies.

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty...love it Liz!!

jessica said...

This is so pretty Liz!! what a great inspiration picture too!
AWESOME job!

Nancy said...

Beautiful, Liz. Colors are so delicate and compliment each other so well.

quilt4fun2 said...

I love this color combo and sweet birds on a branch. The doily was the perfect touch! Beautiful job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Crafting Katie said...

What a precious card! I love how you used the doily! Your little birdies are so adorable!!!

Kim H said...

Liz ~ Simply another STUNNING card!!! LOVE how these colors look together and your coloring along with your attention to detail ~ ALWAYS!!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!