Thursday, March 13, 2014

MCT Thrifty Thursday ~ HB2U!


Hi crafty friends, today is Thrifty Thursday at My Creative Time!  
That means we on the design team are suppose to use scraps, and/or reuse something to create a new project.  The only thing that's suppose to be new is the base (card or layout).
I always keep extra die cuts in this decorated mason jar that I got from a friend (Katie).  I popped the top out of the ring so it always open and just toss any die cuts that I don't end up using for a project.  Sometimes it's something I stamped that I may not be happy with the outcome...I still keep it.  Why?  Cause you never know, you just might use it.  :)
Well, this is what I pulled out of the jar...plus some scraps and my card base.

The lined paper was one of those items that I had stamped a few weeks ago but it didn't stamp evenly, so I threw it in the jar.  However for this project it didn't matter if it wasn't perfect, it added to the look.  :)

recipe:
My Creative Time
pre sneak peek dies

Extras
scrap paper
Papertrey Ink Cardstock and Felt
Hemp
Button
Stampin' Up ink

Have a beautiful day!!!

7 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Very cool and shabby chic card love it. Great ways you used Miss Emma's goodies. I loved that you shared your goodies jars and got a peak at your craft room neat way to present to what you had used to create your card. Love your card and everything you used to create it. How very clever, creative and crafty of you!

jessica said...

WOW Liz!! What a great card using those beautiful scraps!!!!
I love the color combo!
AWESOME job!

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute Liz...the combo is so pretty!!! Lee-Ann :)

Kim H said...

Liz ~ OMG this is so darn GORGEOUS!!!!! I love the color combination and how you store your scraps! I am so happy to see someone else have MCT scraps ~ A LOT of them ~ just like me! LOL!! I store mine different and hope to share soon! FABULOUS job as always!

quilt4fun2 said...

Great post...I like the jar and show what you pulled out to use! Beautiful felt flower. Your scraps now have a happy home and you have a beautiful card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

mickeydee said...

I love the color combo you used. I also like the layout and the design. And..... The sneaky peek is definitely one I am going to order !!!

Crafting Katie said...

Well, aren't you clever using the jar that way? Now I might need to make one for me, since I have an ugly white bowl full of die cuts on my desk! Your card is just precious! Love the colors and that SWEET flower!!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!