Thursday, March 6, 2014

MCT Monochromatic Color Challenge ~ You Crack Me Up!



Happy Thursday, hope you're having a fabbie week!  Oh, and if you live in the Midwest to the east coast, I hope you're staying warm!  If you are sick of this crazy winter...not that we've really had one in California, take some time and enter the challenge over at My Creative Time!My Creative Time
The challenge is a Monochromatic Color Challenge : Make a project of your choice using different shades of just one color.  (You can use a different color as your base or background - white, black, kraft; just make sure your focal point displays your monochromatic color choice).


Cutting two banners behind the label die created the look of one long banner.


I stamp the background with the pattern egg stamp and kraft ink.  


If you've followed me for any length of time then you know that I never feel my projects are complete without a bit of bling, hence the glittered egg shells :)  Obviously I can't always add it, but I still want to! lol!  After adding embossing to the stitched circle die, I added the shells and put an action wobble behind the stitched circle die.  It's hard to see the movement in this picture.  I think I forgot to slow the speed down on my camera.  oops :)

recipe:
My Creative Time
Hello Chickie Stamp and Die Set ~ shells, sentiment, pattern eggs

Peachy Keen Stamp

Extras
Papertrey Ink cardstock
Papertrey Ink kraft ink
white embossing powder
versa mark ink
chunky glitter
tiny pearls

So get rid of those winter blues and be creative with color and join the  My Creative Time Monochromatic Color Challenge!!!


11 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Liz your card is so beautiful and amazing. When I read your recipe I was blown away thanks for so many awesome ideas tip and tricks. How clever putting the egg shells on an Action Wobble I love it. Love the sentiment gosh this one's good for anyone anytime and the idea is great for a LO minus the Action Wobble (LOL) you really come up with such fantastic ideas.

snappy scrappy said...

So beautiful...love your elegant designs!!! Lee-Ann :)

Crafting Katie said...

So sweet, Liz! Love your glittered egg shells!!!

sweetpeaemmalou said...

So darling!! Love the glittery egg shells!!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

You are really tempting me with that chunky glitter. LOVE how you used the speckled egg stamp!!! :)

jessica said...

This is awesome Liz!!!! I just LOVE the kraft and white together!!!
AWESOME job!

Kim H said...

Liz ~ Really ~ this is seriously FABULOUS! LOVE the colors combination and oh how you used the stamps and dies! Again BEAUTIFULLY done!

quilt4fun2 said...

What a fun card...I like the wobble and humor! The stamping and embossing is beautiful. Fabulous job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Suzanne said...

Hi Liz!
What an ADORABLE Glittered egg shell card! I love your idea with the action wobbler...so fun! Thanks for sharing your AMAZING card! Have a wonderful day :)

Suzanne
suzwatanabe@yahoo.com

Kristi said...

Love the cracked egg and sentiment!
Kristi

Cindy Beland said...

GORGEOUS job with your card for the MCT challenge!!! :)

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!