Wednesday, February 6, 2013

3D Wednesday ~ Recycle ~ Conversation Starters!

Hi my paper lovin' friends!  I'm sorry this is my first post of the week.  Last week I mentioned that I was doing some redecorating around my home.  My first project...I making a slip cover for my sofa...well it's taking a bit longer than expected.  I've taken some pictures along the way, I'll be sharing soon. 
 
As for today's project for My Creative Time, Emma asked us to make a 3D project using something that is usually tossed {packaging, tags, string or elastic, bread ties, toilet paper/towel rolls etc}.  Love anything that helps me save money and the earth!  I choose to use a toilet paper roll and make it a pocket to hold "Conversation Starter Cards".
 

 
All I did was flatten the roll and added adhesive to one end to create a pocket! 
Then I just decorated it with paper, stitching, flower petal dies, and more!  I used the stamp from My Creative Time's Lots of Love stamp set.  I just love that sentiment!

 
I thought these "conversation cards" would be fun to ask on a date night.  We went out with another couple last weekend and used them.  Believe it or not, even after almost 28 years together we didn't alway know how each other would answer!

 
recipe
 
 My Creative Time
 
Liz's Paper Loft Boutique
 
Artiste Cricut Cartridge
label cut at 1.78 x 2.32
 
Extras
paper roll
sewing
Tim Holtz ink

 
Here's a link to conversation questions for you to make your own set! http://www.conversationstarters.com/101.htm
 
 
Enjoy!
 

10 comments:

Joan Smith said...

What a clever idea and gosh who woulda thunk a TP roll would end up looking so gorgeous? Why Liz would! Gosh darn Liz you are just so creative you are amazing. Gosh and then you reupholster too...wow now I know there isn't anything you can't do I just used to think it but now it's affirmative you are truly the "Wonder Woman" Hmmm wonder when your feature film will appear. TFS!!!

Crafting Katie said...

Liz, this is gorgeous!!! So surprising that this is a TP roll! The sewing on the little tag is such a great touch! Love the conversation starter card idea too! Can't wait to see your slipcover!

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!!! Lee-Ann :)

jessica said...

this is awesome Liz!!! GREAT colors and love all the embellishments!
Thanks for sharing and happy hump day!

Glora said...

What a darling idea and it turned out SO beautiful too! You are AMAZING!!!! Hugs- Glora

Lezlye said...

What a great idea Liz!

Cindy Beland said...

BEAUTIFUL job with your project Liz!great idea with the TP rool,GORGEOUS!!!:)

Beckie said...

Such a fun idea! Gorgeous holder.

Be blessed, Beckie

Kim H said...

Liz ~ Okay this is GORGEOUS! Who would have thought toilet paper rolls could look this AMAZING ~ YOU! From the papers to the details ~ WOW! I have to say this would be so fun to do!! My hubs could get himself in trouble but yet when people ask us how long we have been married I NEVER get it right! LOL! I wish I was kidding! I bet that was fun for the other couple too! AWESOME recycle project and idea!

quilt4fun2 said...

What a fun idea and a beautiful project. I have rolls saved also. Now when you are through with the questions you could pass it on as a gift to another couple to use. Great job! Good luck with the decorating the house and the cover.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!