Wednesday, August 30, 2017

MCT Thoughtful Thursday ~ my thoughts are with you!


Hello, today is Thoughtful Thursday at My Creative Time.  I created a card that none of us really like to create...a sympathy card.  Like masculine cards, sympathy card can be difficult to do.  I really try to not make them to ornate.



For the background I stamped first with one color, then for the next color I went slightly over the first color and did the same for the next color.  Just as if I were ink blending, but with a stamp.  Using my Misti I was able to stamp the purple flower (I know it looks black) several times to get a crisp, solid flower.


My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Stampin' Up Ink
Pearls

4 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Oh Miss Liz What a Gorgeous Card! Your idea for using the Build A Scripty Watercolor Background Stamp sure made for a Beautiful and Serene Scene!! I love the colors!! Your idea for the delicate pearl in the flower centers also makes for a sweet look!! You so did a Super Outstanding Creative job!
YOU so ROCK!!

Crafting Katie said...

So pretty!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

So simple and so pretty! I would not have thought to use those stamps in such a beautiful way. Wonderful job on a beautiful card! I love the over lapping colors...great technique!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Jen P said...

Beautiful card. Love the simplicity and elegance.

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!