Wednesday, April 5, 2017

MCT Trending Now: Stitching ~ happy birthday!



Hello, today over at My Creative Time is Trending Now: Stitching, real or faux.  Stitching on paper is on of those things that adds so much to a project.  Sometimes when I'm not happy with my card, I add just a small amount of stitching and it's just what it needs.  
You know it doesn't have to be a lot to add the right amount of detail.


To create the background I heat embossed the stripes with white embossing powder, then used Distress Ink for ink blending.  The flowers and butterfly were stamped with Memento Ink and colored with Copic Markers.  I added a small amount of Wink of Stella to the flower center and butterfly.  Since I used vellum for the sentiment, stitching became the perfect way to attach it, as adhesive would have shown through.


My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock and Vellum
Copip Markers
Memento Ink
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
VersaMark Ink
Hero Arts white embossing powder
Thread
Wink of Stella

8 comments:

My Creative Time said...

Such a GORGEOUS card!!! LOVE it!
BIG HUGS,
Emma :)

Linda Hott said...

Very pretty birthday card!!!

Joan Smith said...

OMG Miss Liz What a Gorgeous card! Love the striped paper and the colors. Your bouquet is so pretty Outstanding color job! Love your stitching it really does add that sweet personal touch!! You definitely did a Super Outstanding Creative job!! YOU so ROCK!!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful!!

Crafting Katie said...

This card is even prettier in person! The coloring is perfection! LOVE it!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

I love the background embossing and inking. So pretty with the stitching, real and faux. Beautiful job.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Windy said...

Such a pretty, simple card! The stitching definitely adds to it.

Lara said...

I love this springy beautiful card. I adore vellum, and
I use my xyron to adhere vellum, obviously the cards flow needed those stitches. Beautiful!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!