Tuesday, September 29, 2015

MCT Try Something New ~ spooky greetings!



Good morning, today is Try Something New Tuesday over at My Creative Time.  A few of us on the Design Team are going to try a technique new to us.  So for me I haven't had the chance to play with the Gelatos that I purchase earlier in the summer.  If you haven't had a chance to play with these, they are pretty cool!  It's kind of a mix of finger painting and water coloring.


To create this card I first stamped the background swirly stars with versamark ink on watercolor paper, then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Once the paper had cooled off, I drew a circle with a yellow Gelato and filled it in.  I lightly out lined the circle with orange.  Then I scribbled lavender, grape, blueberry.  With my finger I rubbed the yellow/orange in a circle motion pushing the orange towards the center. being careful not to hit the lavender.   Then I worked on the lavender pushing the color and blending towards the grape and blueberry.  Once I thought all the colors had been blended, I carefully added water to the "moon" for more blending, again being careful not to touch the lavender.  I used a paper towel to dab excess water and dry the moon.  Then I did the same thing for "sky", adding water to blend the colors and dabbing with a paper towel.


My Creative Time

Extras
Gelatos
VersaMark Ink
Clear Embossing Powder
Memento Ink
Chalk
White Gel Pen
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Tim Holtz Water Color Paper

This was such a fun medium to create with!  I don't know a lot about Gelatos, but I intend to have fun learning!  So what is something new you've been wanting to try?  Just do it and post it over at the My Creative Time Inspired Facebook Page for all of us to see!

7 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG Miss Liz Your card is Gorgeous & Spooktacular!!
Your background is Faboolous!! You so did an outstanding creative job!! You definitely outdid yourself.
YOU so ROCK!!

Crafting Katie said...

Very pretty! You make me want to get some of those and try them out!

Linda Hott said...

Hi Liz,
Your card is sensational! Love your background.

quilt4fun2 said...

I love the vibrant colors! Perfect to show off the ghost and post. The swirly stars are so cool.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Roberta Stevenson said...

Oh WOW! I really, really, really love your background. It looks amazing. You did a spooktacular job. Love your card.

Kim H said...

Liz ~ OMGOSH!! That background is seriously over the lop AMAZING!! WOW!!! Do you know how many times I have had a 50% off coupon and those in my cart!!! UGH!! Beautifully done!

raybanoutlet001 said...

zzzzz2018.5.16
kate spade outlet online
michael kors outlet clearance
saics running shoes
canada goose jackets
nike outlet
oakley sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
longchamp outlet
jordans
nike shoes

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!