Monday, September 9, 2013

Scrapping The Little Things ~ A Neutral Halloween!



 
 
Good Morning!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  My weekend was full of family activities,  you see my oldest nephew was married this past Saturday!  I was able to spend time with family from out of town, that was truly special!  The wedding was gorgeous, however it was extremely hot!!!  We haven't really had a hot summer, in fact it's been a rather cool one...until Saturday that is!  :)
 
Enough of me, let me get on to my project...Today is Scrapping The Little Things at My Creative Time.  I decided to make some Halloween "project life" style cards.  They certainly aren't you're traditional Halloween with the color palette I chose.  This was on purpose since I didn't know what pictures I'm using for them yet.  Keeping them neutral will make it easy to use any pictures!

 
I used the Chevron Stripes and embossed them with white powder.  For the jars,
 I stamped the bats and spiders on the back of the vellum.  Then I added fine black glitter to the
 star burst.

Again I purposely kept these simple until I'm ready to use them.  Then if I want, I can still stamp journaling lines if I think I need them.

 
recipe:
 
My Creative Time
 
Extras
Chrome paper
Vellum
Kraft Cardstock
White Cardstock

 
Be sure to see what my design team sisters have created! 
 
Have a beautiful week!

10 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG your LO is amazing it is very creepy the spider look so real EEEKKKK!!!
I was wondering how you had done them so thanks for sharing and I have to say you are very clever how you did it so I am definitely going to give this a try. I love that you did it in neutral very clever idea. Love how you used all of Miss Emma's goodies I love your LO is is wicked awesome!!!!

jessica said...

These are so fun! LOVE the neutral theme! The new stamps and dies are AWESOME!!!
Thanks for sharing Liz and have a GREAT Monday!

Cindy Beland said...

Looks AWESOME Liz, SUPER job my friend!!!:)

Crafting Katie said...

You are so clever! I couldn't figure out how you got your bats and spiders in the vellum jars! Stamping on the back of the vellum - genius! The white embossed chevron on kraft looks gorgeous too! I will definitely be remembering that ! Awesome cards!

Vanessa said...

So cute and clever! Thanks for sharing!

Cathryn said...

Beautiful job on these cards Liz. The non-traditional colors look great! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

quilt4fun2 said...

I like the white chevy on the kraft...beautiful. These cards will look good with any pictures. I can deal with the bats but the spiders creep me out a bit...I will have to do that just because. I am glad you have the gold lids on tight and the twine is a great touch. Super cards.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

promisefaith said...

Oh My Gosh I cannot tell you how great this is. What an amazing idea I love, love, love it!!

Kim H said...

Liz ~ Well this may NOT be your normal color pallet that you work with but I LVOE it! So clean looking but yet SPOOKTACULAR! WOW! So happy to hear all the family time, weddings ( you have had a ton this past year)but not the hot weather! As always ADORE your creations!

tracym110 said...

Love your layout!! and those jars of bugs are fantastically creepy!! fun idea!
Tracy

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!