Wednesday, July 6, 2016

MCT What a Treat Wednesday ~ it's a bridal shower!



Good morning today is What a Treat Wednesday over at My Creative Time and I have a quick project to share with you today that doesn't look quick and makes the receivers ooh and awe over. :)  First I have to give you the background story...you may remember that we had a flood in our home on Christmas Eve which took out almost our whole house.  It took us 4 months to complete and left our kitchen looking really shabby after everything else was brand new.  So I decided to revamp/update the kitchen with new appliances, however I also planned to give my friend's daughter a bridal shower.  Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment :)  I really didn't plan this right...all I have is a cook top!  How can I give a shower without an oven or microwave?  Well easy...an Ice Cream Bar and Rice Crispy Treats for a favor.  The treats took about an hour to make 25 or so, I was happy with that!  Now how was I going to package them?  Easy with MCT stamps and Dies.


After die cutting the labels I took 4 acrylic blocks and positioned the stamps how I wanted them for each color.  So for blue I did the "k&e", and so on for each color.  I only had to stamp each label 4 times, once for each color.  I did have to spend some time getting the stamps positioned so the flower centers were place correctly, however just once.  To do all 25, including die cutting was about 1 1/2 hours.  I think that's really quick.


I added some MCT rosettes to the flower arrangements.


My Creative Time

Extras
Papertery Ink Cardstock
Stampin' Up ink
glassine bags
washi tape
Recollections pattern paper

Sorry I was a bit long winded this morning ;)

4 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG Miss Liz...WOW Your Treats turned out Fabulous...your total look is Gorgeous & Yummolicious!! Girl you are a Craftabulous Whiz. I was shocked how quickly you created everything...geeze!! What a story...but it sure has a happy ending....so TFS!! YOU so ROCK!!

Crafting Katie said...

You are so creative! These turned out just gorgeous!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Oh My Word!!! Everything is perfect and adorable! I love the doughnut rings. I am in the middle of planning a baby shower...games gifts and favors...wish me luck. Beautiful job on your shower items!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome and so delicious looking! Everything turned out wonderful!
Sherrie k

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!