Wednesday, August 14, 2013

MCT 3D Wednesday ~ mini album!



Hi everyone!  I hope your week is going GREAT!  The last few weeks I've been getting so much done around my home, cleaning out closets and such.  I'm either way behind my spring cleaning or WAY ahead of the game!  :)  Even though I've been working around the house I took a little time out to craft and even did some organizing of my dies.  My friend Katie gave me the inspiration to make the change.  I was looking for her post but couldn't find it :/

Now I need to get on to why you came to visit me.  Today is 3D Wednesday over at My Creative Time!  For my project I decided to make a "matchbook" mini album.  I used the Trifold Card and the Stitched Folder to created this little book.

I stapled all the folders together into the card.

For the camera die, I used double sided patter paper then simply turned over the inside piece to create the different paper for the lens and view finder.

I left the top of the frame without adhesive to allow for a picture to slide in.


To create the vellum pocket I cut two folders and cut it in half.
 

Then I used some thick hemp and a brad for a closure. 

 
Recipe:
My Creative Time
 
Liz's Paper Loft Boutique
 
Extras
Papertrey Ink cardstock
ink



10 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Oh Liz your mini turned out so cute gosh you sure are clever and creative to come up with this cutie patootie idea. Gosh I really do love it. I will give this a try for sure. I love putting something like this on a 12 x 12 page protector for extra photos etc. for a LO. Thanks for your great idea and sharing your great recipe too.

jessica said...

OMG Liz!!! Your new blog looks AMAZING!!!! I LOVE this!!!!
Your 3D project, like always is FAB!!! Loving how you used all the fun MCT stamps and dies!!! Totally inspirational my friend!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT hump day!

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable little mini!!!

Saundra said...

This is darling, Liz!! Love this idea! ~hugs, Saundra

Crafting Katie said...

This is the cutest thing ever! I want one to just carry around in my purse!

katieo said...

Hi liz. Fun matchbox album. I live all of the tags and other dies you used.

Lisa said...

This is so adorably cute. I love it. I would love to know if those are staples down the left hand side of the match book holding it together.? Thanks for sharing this great project.!

quilt4fun2 said...

Cute job on your album...amazing how many things are small enough to decorate it. I like your closure idea too.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

liz at liz's paper loft said...

I did staple the folders to the trifold card, then on the back I glued a strip of paper to cover the staples. Plus it protects your fingers from getting caught. I forgot to show that :/ Thank you for your sweet comment!

Kristi said...

This is super cute, now I wanna make one!!!Great job.

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!